When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Riding in this heat

-
Look at how the sedate, rotund Bobsey twins pace stupidity - there's certainly no limitation for them, as long as their hearts are still beating.
Implying my daughter has body odor, or that anything about her is any of their editorial business - or anything about me, for that matter - their obsession is downright homosexual. Imagine if they turned any of that effort into a real activity - they too might reach an accomplishment in life.
Me, I've never had a problem being affectionate with sweaty girls and women.

We've given you plenty of other reasons, but please don't hate us just because we're affectionate with sweaty boys and men.

When did the Bobsey Twins join the Cabe ? According to Wikipedia the famous twins spell their names Bobbsey,the twins of Richard and Mary Bobbsey. Dang,I thought the real twins joined.I was going to ask for an autograph.

I do a lot of long distance rides in 90°-110° (30-100+Miles) and I use salt stick for an electrolyte. I don’t use any sports drinks because of all the added sugars or fake sugars. This stuff is amazing even for recovery. I’m also a fan of pedialyte for recovery, I get the plain and freeze it donits like a slushy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I get leg cramps at night from playing tennis for hours in the heat (90s).

Thanks for the tip on “potassium”.

Good advice above^^^
I rode the White Rim 100-mile loop near Moab, Ut in 90 degree temps and no shade in a one-shot, 11-1/2 hour (total w/rest stops) epic loop. I had done it with trucks, camping gear and three nights rest on a number of occasions as most normal human beings do it, but, we were determined to pull it off... I clearly remember sitting under a large boulder in a dry wash at 75 mi with my riding partners, shoes off, laying in the cool sand, looking for a good reason to get back up. I wasn't sure I could even put my shoes back on my swelling feet. I could barely swallow any food. We still had to climb around 1800 feet up the Schafer Trail switchbacks, but I pushed through it. I vowed not to ride this one in a day again unless it was under 80 degrees. Ice cold water at the top of the Shafer Trail climb from an empathetic tour-guide truck never tasted so good. I could feel it coursing through my veins instantly. We were ecstatic to have done it, but paid the price the next day. We still talk about doing it again!!!

Last edited:
Don't pull a me.

Between heat from hiking in Utah, and stress from work and home buying, I ended up with my autoimmune disease coming out of a ten year remission.

So now I'm in excruciating pain and losing tens of pounds due to my insanely strict diet. I can't even chew gum. That's how badly my body is reacting to food.

Take care of yourselves. Don't lose a season of biking or years of your life from pushing too hard.
:cry:

Back