When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Riding Tips For Classic Antique Bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If that happens is his bike worth taking ??

his main old bike is a 1937 Schwinn "curved bar" .. I think that is what it is called. all old parts, but none of them the right ones. frame is thick with rust, and some of the frame tubes have been crushed for a motor in a previous life. might be worth $300 on a sunny day with a tail wind. I definitely would not leave it on the side of the road.

he does have one of those repop Columbia bikes. the maroon one that is built like an old bike should be, not the green ones that look like a huffy from the 70's. he doesn't ride that one as much.

I love to ride old bikes, for awhile now.
I think about tips posted here, often.
It's a good thread for a 'lock-down" day.
Please take time to read through it before you post more of the same info; thanks for the replies.:D
IMG_9406.JPG

Fixing a flat can be such a pain on some of these bikes, I could never get tube repair kits to work, especially the glue types. Recently I went to the store and bought Skabs peel and stick patches, great product. It worked fast and I didn’t have to take the wheel off.
I’m going to carry a CO2 cartridge, adapter, and the patches with me.

AD390E49-4D31-427A-8017-4D575194F282.jpeg

For singlespeeding hilly terrain, cleated in clipless let's me pull up on pedaling, helps me on lower cadence climbs seated. The ½" to 9/16" pedal adapters widened stance but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Felt strange at first especially foot braking on balls of feet vs large flat pedals. Also feet don't come of pedal esp on high torque mashing. So far I like it wilI see how it goes longer term.

Back