When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rim ideas

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

westwildcats

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hoping to make a custom cruiser this winter, and need advice/recommendations on the rims. Are there alloy/aluminum rims that are close in width and profile to the old Schwinn S-2s. 26 inch, 36 hole, double wall, silver or polished silver. I won't be using rim brakes, if that's an issue. Are there rims like this out there, or am I searching for something that doesn't exist? Thanks in advance.

Some of the earlier mountain bikes used a wide, square profile rim, but I don't think I have ever seen any that were tubular.

they are out there. look for "beach cruiser" type bikes. many have aluminum rims.

I've actually looked at Walmart bikes for aluminum rims but they all seem to be painted.

They exist. I see them at the salvage occasionally.
I have a pair I got off the wall there but they weren't exactly flat centered, they had a little ridge on the side.
You would be looking for a rim in ISO-559 size. Look for rim manufacturing companies websites.
Sun-Ringle comes to mind

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. Stumbling around the web, I came across Alex dx 32, but they seem to be discontinued. Gotta chuckle at the Rhyno lite XL pricing. Red, 48 dollars. Polished silver 135. What??????

If you're not set on aluminum or double wall check out Husky bicycles website, S2 style 26" with 11g spokes. They're beefy enough for motoring & a lot less expensive. Spokes aren't stainless or anything but the 2 or 3 wheels I got from them were pretty straight & no major issues except dog peeing on them a few times🙄😒

Back