• Due to some recent accounts having their passwords hacked, we are requiring that everyone set a new password. On your next login, you'll be given the option to choose a new one. Please follow current password guidelines for secure passwords. Sorry for the trouble!

RIP George Garner Sr.

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ricobike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Seeing the picture of George Garner's shop in Van Nuys in the original photos thread made me think of him. He had the Schwinn shop in the town next to ours and years ago I was surprised to find out what a big influence he had on bicycle marketing. He certainly had a huge influence on bicycling in my area.

I was surprised to see that he recently passed away. Here's an article about him and his contributions to cycling.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/retail-news/2016/10/05/pioneering-retailer-george-garner-sr-dies-93

keith kodish

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oh my God! The 2 new Schwinn's i received as a kid cames from his shop,in 1970,&76,respectively. I visited his shop fairly often, I'm sure his staff followed me with a drool rag. R.I.P.,George.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ricobike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oh my God! The 2 new Schwinn's i received as a kid cames from his shop,in 1970,&76,respectively. I visited his shop fairly often, I'm sure his staff followed me with a drool rag. R.I.P.,George.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I never bought a bike from his store, our new Schwinns came from the Mount Prospect Schwinn store since my parents were friends with the owners. But I bought a lot of parts from George Garners store and spent some drooling time there :). And over the years I've bought many bikes with the George Garner store label on them. He sold a ton of bikes in this area.