eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

markivpedalpusher

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
It's with a very heavy heart I share this news, Rick Garcia, a local So. Cal collector passed away Friday morning at 10:01 am in Santa Ana, Ca - from a major stroke that occurred on July 10th. He was 56 years old and is survived by his wife Lydia who has 2 daughters, 1 son and 2 granddaughters. Rick is also survived by family on his side and of course many friends including a "work family". Rick's granddaughters were the apple of his eye so to speak. He was very passionate about spending time with them.

Rick is infamously known to be the person who had the early prewar Schwinn brake lever (AKA shorty brake lever) re-produced, he reproduced the brake lever with Frank Martin of So. Cal who unfortunately passed away just a few years ago. As you can imagine the reproduction of the early brake lever was somewhat of a heroic endeavor in my opinion. Meaning they sourced a person to make the parts and the hardware was sourced from multiple sources, prepping, chrome and cad plating.

Rick was very happy go lucky and very passionate about Schwinn bicycles. In my eyes he was "the salt of the earth" type of fellow. And I feel very lucky because I have many friends in the hobby, I would share the same sentiments about. Rick and I naturally gravitated toward one another and became close friends. I know there are many people who feel the same. Rick was not on social media but has participated in the So. Cal antique bike hobby for many many years.

There will be an open service on August 14th locally in Santa Ana. If you're interested in celebrating Ricks life with his family and friends, please send me a direct message so I can provide the family with a head count and provide you with the details. I'm going to add some photos in this thread as well. Rick is a dear friend and will be missed immensely.

Mark Mann

markivpedalpusher

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Rick Garcia (1st photo) and Frank Martin (2nd photo) - they both loved to restore antique bicycles and left no details out.

29A060B5-C5B2-4811-9403-28E30266E8E6.jpeg

BCCE5358-DACE-4F59-A5AB-B959E5D9D3FB.jpeg