When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Ritchey) MountainBike value

-
I should probably just post the link of the bike I'm looking at:

From what I can tell it does seem to be pretty original. It's a bit big for me at 20" but that might not be too much of an impediment, I don't know. What do you think of it? Pretty original? It needs a little work but it's pretty neat!

Hi,
I work at the museum on Saturdays.
Here is a picture of one of mine.
It's not for sale.

PXL_20210620_222053535.jpg

I will ask Mark and Charlie if they know anybody who wants to sell theirs and contact you directly.
- Ted

P.S. There might presently be an early Fischer Custom that fits you available. Super cool beautiful bike!
You can always contact the museum directly.

Here is a recent picture of Charlie Kellys from Biketoberfet. He rides it all the time.

PXL_20221015_200013677.MP.jpg

My other one looks like his.
I have had it since the early 80's.

Hi,
I work at the museum on Saturdays.
Here is a picture of one of mine.
It's not for sale.

View attachment 1721107

I will ask Mark and Charlie if they know anybody who wants to sell theirs and contact you directly.
- Ted

P.S. There might presently be an early Fischer Custom that fits you available. Super cool beautiful bike!
You can always contact the museum directly.
Amazing bike!! It looks like you ride it too, very cool.

Thanks for the amazing offer, that's super cool of you! I'd be very interested to see what might be available. Marin is only a few hours away so pretty easy drive too! 😎

I should probably just post the link of the bike I'm looking at:

From what I can tell it does seem to be pretty original. It's a bit big for me at 20" but that might not be too much of an impediment, I don't know. What do you think of it? Pretty original? It needs a little work but it's pretty neat!
Looks very original, except for the freewheel, saddle, and perhaps seatpost. Looks like a complete, early Shimano Deer Head group. Interesting that it has the original owner's name on the downtube decal. Pretty sure that is a MountainBikes II frameset, fillet brazed. Seller definitely knows what he has.

My 24" Everest is a bit too large for me to ride safely offroad. Otherwise, all good for cruising around the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Looks very original, except for the freewheel, saddle, and perhaps seatpost. Looks like a complete, early Shimano Deer Head group. Interesting that it has the original owner's name on the downtube decal. Pretty sure that is a MountainBikes II frameset, fillet brazed. Seller definitely knows what he has.

My 24" Everest is a bit too large for me to ride safely offroad. Otherwise, all good for cruising arond the neighborhood.
He does seem to know what he's got. And it's a really cool piece. I wonder who Ray is.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm probably not going to be jumping one of these but for forest service road cruises it would be cool. Thanks for checking it out for me!

No problem! If you are undecided on buying that Mt. Tam, I suggest editing your post to remove the Craigslist link. Someone could buy the bike out from under you.

He does seem to know what he's got. And it's a really cool piece. I wonder who Ray is.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm probably not going to be jumping one of these but for forest service road cruises it would be cool. Thanks for checking it out for me!
The most important thing is that it fits you and you enjoy riding it. I put clipless pedals on my blue one when they came out.
Major improvement!
The bike rips on fire roads and bike paths.

Back