When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road puppy folding bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MR2Adam

On Training Wheels
Hi all. I've had this folding bike in my family for many years not sure of the worth or value. Its all original. Any info would help. Thanks.

20210522_171611.jpg

20210522_171617.jpg

20210522_171534.jpg

20210522_171511.jpg

20210522_171543.jpg

20210522_171550.jpg

-----

Hello MR2Adam and welcome to the forum. 👍

Wonderful item; thanks for sharing it! 😃

The "occupide" brackets it clearly to the 1946-53 period.

Perhaps it was brought back by a member of the military who was stationed there at this time. A grand parent of yours perchance?

No shortage of fascinating fittings such as the folding crank arm, the saddle pillar handle and the frame folding latch which does double duty as a portage grip.

If you are able to upload additional pictures readers would likely enjoy seeing how the folding mechanisms operate.

Thanks again for posting. 😉

-----

Last edited:
-----

Hello MR2Adam and welcome to the forum. 👍

Wonderful item; thanks for sharing it! 😃

The "occupide" brackets it clearly to the 1946-53 period.

Perhaps it was brought back by a member of the military who was stationed there at this time. A grand parent of yours perchance?

No shortage of fascinating fittings such as the folding crank arm, the saddle pillar handle and the frame folding latch which does double duty as a portage grip.

If you are able to upload additional pictures readers would likely enjoy seeing how the folding mechanisms operate.

Thanks again for posting. 😉

-----
Yes thankyou. Grandfather brought it back from being stationed in ww2

-----

one feature am curious about is the receptacle on the front of the head tube

it appears it might be intended to accept something folding into it

however, on the surface at least it looks as though the lamp bracket would be in the way for anything coming down from above

i certainly may be missing something here

do you understand its use?

thanks for any information 🤔

-----

Online info indicates that it is an immediate post war version of the Japanese army's wartime paratroopers bicycle.
They would appear to be quite desirable and have some value!
I love it!
The company also apparently made the 'Mascot' subminiature camera.
There is still a company operating today under that name that provides engineering and machining services.
Very little information is available.

Last edited:
What an awesome piece of history. My father served in the Navy in the South Pacific during WW11 and was wounded while in the Palau islands. He was shipped back and never made it to Japan. That bicycle is one to be treasured for sure. Thanks for posting.

Back