When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~ Roadkill Monark Five Bar Find! ~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
It's going to need a LOT of TLC!!

@fordmike65
@cyclingday
@Kickstand3

00202_2CqM8xeo9Z_1200x900.jpg

01414_aZdMwHhxeN6_600x450.jpg

00u0u_2jGcdQp6v3j_600x450.jpg

00i0i_8YNPUaTcB2S_600x450.jpg

00g0g_8Oq35A1BMOs_600x450.jpg

01212_7yOpTnBp1Ey_600x450.jpg

00e0e_73KcuWxIPEu_600x450.jpg

I believe with time & patience with good files a man could make this acceptable again. May even have to braze it again or more but it is definitely a unique designed frame.

Thank you all for the positive comments!

Initially I thought this was an HTB but on closer inspection I noticed features on this frame that are different.

Tube below the top two tubes is straight not curved...

Has a seatpost clamp as opposed to tube & quill...

Tubes are closer into seatpost area...

The frame style seems to be a blend of the HTB and a Five Bar but matches neither!

The bike is paid for but not picked up yet...You can try and swoop in Lester but we'd all know it was you lol!

Seller had no other parts except a badge...A Monark Silver King badge...I thought sure I'll take the badge too but thinking it wasn't correct...I haven't asked him if he took the badge from the bike...

Thoughts anyone?

@Freqman1

Last edited:
This is not a HTB. it is a Monark Five Bar. This is a late '39/'40 frame with the built in seat binder. These frames just didn't hold up well and I have seen more than a few of them broken at the bottom bracket and seat cluster. The straight down tube is common to all Superframe Five Bars. Why don't you think it is a Five Bar frame? BTW all of these bikes were equipped with tanks. The spring fork was optional. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. My original bike and the one I restored below. V/r Shawn

Alas you are correct Shawn thanks for your input bud.

I guess I jumped the gun on the reveal but I was excited and it's all good anyway, I've spent more on lunch at the diner! I've never had a 5 bar and Monark frame designs are some of my favorites.

It will be interesting to compare when it joins it's raggededy HTB sibling soon!

Yikes gotta get back to work!

N

20190314_155348.jpg

Last edited:
Back