When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster 36-41?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ColsonTwinbar

Finally riding a big boys bike
Not sure on the exact date on this one. Anyone know what model it is and where I can get some pictures of the original so I can start tracking down the right parts. I'm just beginning to do restorations and I'm also wondering whether its kosher to JB weld the frame joints instead of rebraising since this one was rewelded at one time.
I don't have pictures of the whole frame now, I'll try and post some later. It has parallel curving top tubes, curved rear seatstays and rear facing dropouts with chain adjusters.

th_IMG_2164-1.jpg

th_IMG_2165-1.jpg

th_IMG_2163-1.jpg

Its definitely a Roadmaster one of those last pictures showed whats left of the decals. I know I will only be able to narrow it down to a few years, but that will help me figure what the parts would be.
IMG_2190-1.jpg

IMG_2191-1.jpg

'39 Mens Special

It was the basic model, no tank or other frills.

Attachments

• 1939 Roadmaster cat pg18.jpg
    1939 Roadmaster cat pg18.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 149
I have a few things for it if you decide to go ahead with the restoration. PM me if you're interested.

Awesome, I'm interested in a fork and truss rods, but I'm just a poor college kid so I might just put it together with the other parts I have until this summer

Can anyone get me a picture of the headtube welds of a similar roadmaster. I need to see how much they filled in with brazing.

alrighty

Can anyone get me a picture of the headtube welds of a similar roadmaster. I need to see how much they filled in with brazing.

For the most part, the welds are fairly clean, not anything like that weld at the hanger in your photo. :eek:

If the finish matters and you have an extra $50 or so bouncing around, take it to a welder/fabricator and clean up/fix the welds. Ground flat you may not need any brazing done, or maybe they also have a bit of brazing rod and can do that too.

IMG_0014.gif

IMG_0013.gif

IMG_0012.gif

Back