When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster cycle truck help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Serial starts with a D. Im asking if anyone can spot wrong parts or nail down the year. Im thinking from quick research a D serial number would make it a wartime prodection, 1943-1944? Still has the lid for the basket even though its not pictured. And ok....whats a fair price to pay?

a39e1794b7c15d81404e28453a6535e4.jpg
b5d241f2750a9b5ff0c2d6bf4b1279ee.jpg
889eeba5da380483bc9a40973148c2da.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have four of these and from what I've looked into most fall into the D seral numbers. at one time I was collecting photos and seral numbers of everyone I came across.. all mine fall into the D seral number range except one that is in the A seral number range.. I have also seen one that was in the F seral number range. I have read where there was a very large order of them made that seem to have fallen into the D seral number range around the war years.. yours looks pretty original maybe a repop sign and possibly the drop stand.. the original ones I've seen when resting on the stand, the top of the stand it goes completely to the neck .. all the ones I've seen don't have the troxel sliding rail seat. but do have troxel seats.. some have a mix of black out parts and chrome, some of mine have wartime wood pedals, and I've seen different chain rings, some like yours and some with the flying pork chop rings.. I have both.. on my D series they have 1943 and 1944 dated rear hubs.. If I remember correctly the first year was 1940 and it had a straight drop stand like a Schwinn and also shown with what looks like a Schwinn basket . in September of 1943 they applied for a patent for the curved drop stand with the added boss's on the fork to attach the stands.. for as many as were made you don't see them as much as Schwinn's and most are missing their baskets and drop stands.. I have a original basket one each of mine and even a spare one.. PS here are a couple things about them... the bike in the photo is from a 1940 brochure ... JKT

1940-cleveland-welding-roadmaster-cycle-truck1[1].jpg

1940-cleveland-welding-roadmaster-cycle-truck3[1].jpg

1940-cleveland-welding-roadmaster-cycle-truck2[1].jpg

Last edited:
Interesting pictured truck has gothic and cat says "full crown" I have only had trucks with gothic fenders

Interesting pictured truck has gothic and cat says "full crown" I have only had trucks with gothic fenders
all mine have gothic fenders also..

Last edited:
Back