When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster expert please..... w/pic & ser#

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BWbiker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Here is the frame pic, ser#A08469. Any help is appreciated!:p

Last edited:
'39 Mens Deluxe

It could have sold as late as 1941 as leftover stock, and it's possible that it was available in 1938, but the closest dating would be '39-40. The 3 gill is the right tank, gothic fenders with curved braces, with a drop stand clip in the rear fender. The drop stand is the one with the shoulder bolts that screw into the frame. The rear rack would be the square reflector version with the rear shroud, but most likely just the standard rack with no reflector mount, either one with curved braces to match the fender braces. It most likely wouldn't have come with a Shockmaster fork, since that is a '40s item, unless you wanted the later version bike. That bike most likely came with the
"swan" style fork, that held the truss rods. The handlebars are the longhorn style, not the U shaped one, Coke bottle grips. The chain guard could have been the type that clamps horizontally around the rear drop-out in chrome, but most likely the winged, painted one that clamped vertically to the lower chain stay. Torpedo headlight. "Flying Teardrop" skip-tooth chainring, dog leg crank, most likely Torrington 10 or Pearson Supreme pedals. Double-drop rims, New Departure hubs(most likely), Troxel saddle with either the cupped style rear springs for the later version or a long-spring, since it was a transitional era, and there were a lot of changes between the '30 and the '40s. The bottom line is you could use '30s era parts or prewar '40s era parts and still have a correct bike, or at least period correct, since the original paint isnt in tact.

IMG_1211.gif

This is an older picture of my '41. I has the wrong seat, later wartime blacked out hubs and pedals.(parts I thought were correct at the time) It now has the correct chrome parts and the correct Troxel seat. I had to learn too, getting what I thought were the right parts, then changing them out as I learned more. I started out with a house-painted bare frame too. Just don't be in a hurry, you'll find all the right parts eventually!

1535317674_7528fce367-1.jpg

And now, finished, and bad-ass.

Last edited:
Roadmaster 39-40

Thank you Anthony! Nice bike you have there. Maybe I need to find a 41frame! I have more parts for that year bike.

If you see it on my bike, you can use it on yours and you'd still be correct. Besides the down tube, our frames are identical, so not more than a year(probably) separates them. The shape of your two upper bars and a straight down bar makes it a '39 frame at the earliest, and would most likely have come with the same parts as mine so use the stuff that you have! Do you have a tank yet? If not, it may take a while, since that will probably be your single most expensive investment for that bike.... When you finally find one!
:rolleyes:

and BW i think I found your tank but you have to take the whole bike well at least buy the whole bike from a friend of mine and I can send you the tank I think its 50 bucks
100_12131-1.jpg

MM- I'll take that bike if BWBiker doesn't want it because I can use that tank to finish a project of my own...

:)

Hiawatha = Cleveland Welding (some by Shelby too)
It looks like a CW built private label, a re-badged Hawthorne by the looks of the chainring and guard.

Last edited:
Back