When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kevin LeRoy

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just picked up this Roadmaster locally on Craigslist. I think it's prewar, the serial number is J62506. I was hoping some one could give me some pointers as to cleaning up the original paint and what kind of chain guard this bike would have had originally? I'm also hoping to find a tank for it some day. As I am still pretty new at this any info is always welcomed, thanks!
Kevin
009.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
010.JPG

I've had good luck with rubbing compound, then polishing compound, followed by spray wax. I use Meguires products. You should probably use some soap and water first, to clean it. Good luck.
Ride on
Sean

I believe that this is the guard that will work for your bike. This is Dave K's photo from an old thread. I like the look of your's already & agree with Roadkill & everyone else. Good luck & have fun with it.

IMG_3509.JPG

I believe that this is the guard that will work for your bike. This is Dave K's photo from an old thread. I like the look of your's already & agree with Roadkill & everyone else. Good luck & have fun with it.

View attachment 670791
Thats the guard. There are several looking for it on here, myself included. I own the bike pictured now. Wish it still had the correct light on it. The bike in the photo has a K serial number which is 1941, I don't know the transition to J

I've had good luck with rubbing compound, then polishing compound, followed by spray wax. I use Meguires products. You should probably use some soap and water first, to clean it. Good luck.
Ride on
Sean
Hi all,
Well I spent labor day going over my roadmaster. I found a very faint date code on the Morrow hub after cleaning off the rust- K4 which, after some digging on this site means April 1941. From what I can tell the wheels are original to the bike. Also the front tire is a B.F. Goodrich Standard with a "war tire" mark on it which I think is really neat! unfortunately it's in pretty bad shape and not rideable.
1941 Roadmaster 006.JPG
1941 Roadmaster 002.JPG
1941 Roadmaster 005.JPG
1941 Roadmaster 004.JPG

A K4 Morrow hub is actually 4th quarter of 1941. Ironically I recently picked up a Western Flyer with the same dated hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A K4 Morrow hub is actually 4th quarter of 1941. Ironically I recently picked up a Western Flyer with the same dated hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I thought, but I looked at two other sites and they said the second number was the month! Guess it doesn't make that much difference either way.

Back