When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster ID Help

-

BrianInPA

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all! Picked up another Roadmaster today. Haven't seen another one with this fork yet, wondering if that is aftermarket. Any help with what model and year I have would be appreciated. I saw the prefix of "H" was used a couple times, so not sure is this is a series 1. Serial# is H94338. Thanks for the help!

roadmaster1.jpg

roadmaster2.jpg

roadmaster3.jpg

Mid to late 40's to early 50's depending if there letters over to the the side of the #'s ( Cw or ACw) that will tell exact year but I'm wondering more about the Snyder springer that is very strangely put together?

BRIAN WELCOME, LOOKS LIKE YOUR BIKE IS CLEVELAND WELDING CO. 1946 WITH A ROLLFAST SPRINGER REALLY COMPLETE GREAT PROJEC

BRIAN WELCOME, LOOKS LIKE YOUR BIKE IS CLEVELAND WELDING CO. 1946 WITH A ROLLFAST SPRINGER REALLY COMPLETE GREAT PROJECT
Awesome, thank you for the reply, I appreciate the help! Looking forward to getting her back on the road!

Hello all! Picked up another Roadmaster today. Haven't seen another one with this fork yet, wondering if that is aftermarket. Any help with what model and year I have would be appreciated. I saw the prefix of "H" was used a couple times, so not sure is this is a series 1. Serial# is H94338. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 1635406

View attachment 1635407

View attachment 1635408
It's definitely not put together right. Here's all you need to know with these springers..

BRIAN WELCOME, LOOKS LIKE YOUR BIKE IS CLEVELAND WELDING CO. 1946 WITH A ROLLFAST SPRINGER REALLY COMPLETE GREAT PROJECT
Question for you...I see on the chart on pg 58 of this post there is a series 1 "H" (1940-1941) and a series 2 "H" (1946). Are the other characteristics the you were able to tell the difference? Thanks again!

Capture.PNG

Easiest thing is no built in feet in the frame for rear stand so post war. if no extra letters over to the side of the #'s ( sometimes hidden by paint/crust ) it's probably a 46.

Easiest thing is no built in feet in the frame for rear stand so post war. if no extra letters over to the side of the #'s ( sometimes hidden by paint/crust ) it's probably a 46.
Ok that makes sense, I did see that somewhere about the rear stand. Lots to learn but really enjoying learning about these old bikes. Thanks again for the help!

Back