When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Luxury Liner Reproduction...just got it

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I picked up this pair last November. They’d been on Craigslist awhile, the guy lowered the prices to 400 (F9) and 350 (LL). I finally went to look at them just out of curiosity, I was the only one to show up to see them. The guy had inherited them and had no interest in them. I was kinda interested in the F9 and he said he would take 325. I decided to pass and was gonna leave but he made me a ridiculously low offer if I took both. So I did. Neither look to have been ridden, the F9 has 1/2 mile on the odometer. Since it was late November I only gave each a short ride. They’re nicer than I thought. I’m relacing New Departure hubs into the F9 wheels. I was surprised to see that the spokes were double butted. I’m also replacing the crank arm. The LL wheels are really generic with straight spokes but are a heavier gauge. I also have to shim the LL seat as well. I also think the LL will look better with some different tires, the originals are a smaller profile. Much smaller balloon tire than most. Probably put some chain treads on it. I’ll give them a ride in the spring.

I picked up this pair last November. They’d been on Craigslist awhile, the guy lowered the prices to 400 (F9) and 350 (LL). I finally went to look at them just out of curiosity, I was the only one to show up to see them. The guy had inherited them and had no interest in them. I was kinda interested in the F9 and he said he would take 325. I decided to pass and was gonna leave but he made me a ridiculously low offer if I took both. So I did. Neither look to have been ridden, the F9 has 1/2 mile on the odometer. Since it was late November I only gave each a short ride. They’re nicer than I thought. I’m relacing New Departure hubs into the F9 wheels. I was surprised to see that the spokes were double butted. I’m also replacing the crank arm. The LL wheels are really generic with straight spokes but are a heavier gauge. I also have to shim the LL seat as well. I also think the LL will look better with some different tires, the originals are a smaller profile. Much smaller balloon tire than most. Probably put some chain treads on it. I’ll give them a ride in the spring. View attachment 1563489
You should maybe consider replacing the Roadmaster tires with the wide whites on the Columbia as i have several sets of the Superb tires on they ride as nice as any others tires and they would pop more than the Chains.. Good luck and RideOnn.. Razin..

You should maybe consider replacing the Roadmaster tires with the wide whites on the Columbia as i have several sets of the Superb tires on they ride as nice as any others tires and they would pop more than the Chains.. Good luck and RideOnn.. Razin..
Yes, they are good tires. 65psi too I believe.

Also another great choice are the 65psi white wall electra retrorunners like these. High pressure but soft sidewalls so they ride smooth. The tires on this bike are quite old and have yellowed a little (which is how i like them).

I picked up this pair last November. They’d been on Craigslist awhile, the guy lowered the prices to 400 (F9) and 350 (LL). I finally went to look at them just out of curiosity, I was the only one to show up to see them. The guy had inherited them and had no interest in them. I was kinda interested in the F9 and he said he would take 325. I decided to pass and was gonna leave but he made me a ridiculously low offer if I took both. So I did. Neither look to have been ridden, the F9 has 1/2 mile on the odometer. Since it was late November I only gave each a short ride. They’re nicer than I thought. I’m relacing New Departure hubs into the F9 wheels. I was surprised to see that the spokes were double butted. I’m also replacing the crank arm. The LL wheels are really generic with straight spokes but are a heavier gauge. I also have to shim the LL seat as well. I also think the LL will look better with some different tires, the originals are a smaller profile. Much smaller balloon tire than most. Probably put some chain treads on it. I’ll give them a ride in the spring. View attachment 1563489

Wow what a deal!!!

I somehow missed this thread and just found it. I also have one in excellent condition and looks like its never been ridden (till I bought it). My seat post is on tight but I torqued the heck out of it to lock up. I replaced the original tires cause one was bad . The lights and horn work and never had any batteries installed cause all the insides are bright and clean. I serviced the front hub and BB, not the coaster cause it works and brakes excellent. Pedaling is very smooth, the suspension is solid and quiet, and just a joy to ride.

I somehow missed this thread and just found it. I also have one in excellent condition and looks like its never been ridden (till I bought it). My seat post is on tight but I torqued the heck out of it to lock up. I replaced the original tires cause one was bad . The lights and horn work and never had any batteries installed cause all the insides are bright and clean. I serviced the front hub and BB, not the coaster cause it works and brakes excellent. Pedaling is very smooth, the suspension is solid and quiet, and just a joy to ride.
View attachment 1572182

View attachment 1572184
Are those Columbia Superb wide bricks per chance? Love those tires.. I have several sets of these on some of my Balloooners and they are really great tires..

Back