When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Luxury Liner Reproduction...just got it

-
Haven't gotten to clean it yet, but I had to take shots with the other two... šŸ˜›

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

Such an awesome trio I would be proud to own. I got a 95 Columbia Superb frame and a box of parts for it in a trade to help a friend. I think they have the worse built frame of the reproduction bikes although with a little work mine rides nice. I had a chuckle at the comment made by Freqman1 regarding the seat post binder bolt. I had the same issue with the bolt on my 53 Pleasure Liner even after fitting a new billet 5/8ā€ seat post to it. My prewar 4 gill didn't have the same issue fortunately. I notice you have a Lamborghini Miura model on your shelf. I have one in orange. Such an amazing car. I remember the first time I stood beside one about 30 years ago.

Last edited:
@ozzie Yes, the seat post in the Luxury Liner doesn't fit properly, lol. The bolt was tightened all the way when I got it, and it's still loose. Some early balloon bikes I used to have had a sleeve in the seat tube for the post to fit into that made it fit tightly. Crazy.

I have a lot of those die-cast cars...a little over 300 to be exact. Yes, that's not a typo. That's only one portion of them in that part of the room. And nut bag that I am...all have been waxed!! šŸ™‚

It's not easy being me. šŸ¤Ŗ

Same mate. I have dozens of them still in the boxes. Most of mine are of famous aussie muscle cars and race cars. I need to get a dust free cabinet to display them.

The original seat post that was fitted to my pleasure liner was terrible. It was a forging and not perfectly round so i made a new one from solid stainless 5/8ā€ rod I bought from a steel supplier. Alternatively you could try shimming it with an aluminium shim cut from a coke can.

Back