When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Pat, I wiegh 210 and mine feels very rigid and , a little more solid than my original 53 Phantom. I wouldnt worry about the strength of the bike. Mine is for sale for $595.00 but, I am in Texas and I dont want to mess with shipping. I am only selling mine becasue I need the money.
I have read threads posted by people that were involved in the R&D of the 1998 LL and they stated that the original tooling and fixtures were used. I have no reason to doubt them about that.

I'd like to read those threads/posts. I can't find anything about it. I'm assuming the o/g tools were steel and they were either refurbished or remade. I doubt they would have made new steel tools for 6200 parts,they probably used kirksite if new tools were needed.

Pat

I only go about a buck 70 and I can tell you hands down my Roadmaster is the best riding of all my bikes. I collect what I call fancy balloners i.e. springer, tank, lights and have four Phantoms, a Monark, a Hawthorne, and some Columbia Five Stars in addition to some non-springer bikes e.g. Shelby, Dayton, Elgins---and I ride'm all! v/r Shawn
Pat, I wiegh 210 and mine feels very rigid and , a little more solid than my original 53 Phantom. I wouldnt worry about the strength of the bike. Mine is for sale for $595.00 but, I am in Texas and I dont want to mess with shipping. I am only selling mine becasue I need the money.
I have read threads posted by people that were involved in the R&D of the 1998 LL and they stated that the original tooling and fixtures were used. I have no reason to doubt them about that.

hey you guys - don't ask to ride my silverkings - you might pull the inserts out of their sockets !!!

Does anyone here know what the current market value is on one of these that's NIB and never opened?

Thanks for any help!

the term reproduction is overused,inaccurate and antiquated,the term was valid for judging somthing that was remade years ago when the things being made usually werent that good,a tribute would be a more acurate term,both bikes have there own place an sereve well in that arena,not everyone has the depth of conviction to the hobby to warrant the arge investment to an og piece,a tribute bike is an excellent value and i dont see many ppl triyin to pass them off as riginals

I MAY BE A LITTLE LATE TO COMMENT BUT HERE GOES....I'M HENRSCHMI FROM WARM HENDERSON NEVADA...I HAVE 34 REFURBISHED BIKES PACKED IN MY GARAGE, FROM A 38 COLUMBIA TO A NEW THIS OR THAT ROADIE.. IF THE BIKE WAS GOOD WHEN YOU FINISHED REPAIR AND RESURECTION THEN IT IS FINE WITH ME TO SEE OR KNOW IT IS BEING RIDDEN....I HAVE SCHWINN CLASSICS AND COLUMBIAS AS WELL AS LATER MURRAY SPACELINER BIKES...THEY HAVE THEIR QUIRKS, FROM YEARS GONE BY....MY 2002 COLUMBIA REPRO BIKES ARE SPECIAL TO ME..MY CHINESE LATE MODEL TANK SCHWINNS ARE FUN TO CREAT DISCUSSION....THE 1952 BLACK PHANTOM IN IN MY DEN IS STILL LOOKING BRAND NEW....SO WHAT IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BICYCLE AND AN OTHER BICYCLE....HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THAT BEAUTY IS IN FACT IN THE EYES AND WALLET OF THE COLLECTOR AND HIS COLLECTION....SIGNED....HENRSCHMI

yes i have had 3 of thees repos and all3 were reel nice riding bikes ,thee current owners all ride them still!!!!! my self i still like riding thee org. ones and the best riding bike in my correl is the jc jet flow which i heard were not a good rider!!! i guse i got lucky ,i love it .so if you want a nice riding bike that looks good go for it , from bicycle larry

Back