When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster serial numbers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cfry526

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is there a database with serial numbers for CWC built Roadmaster bicycles. I'm trying to date mine and the serial number is H43839. I'm thinking it's a 1939 or 40. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Pictures? If you can get a clear shot of the frame as well as the serial number, we should be able to get you your date. CWC is hard to put a number database up because they recycled the numbers several times in quick succession. Subtle frame differences, as well as suffixes on the serial number factor in.

This is the only picture I've got so far. I'll get a picture of the serial number later on in the week.
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-17-20-24-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-20-24-26.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 322
With this one, the serial photo isn't necessary; the frame with the serial is enough to tell that it was likely assembled in late 1941. H was also used in 1946 without a suffix, but this frame is distinctly prewar. It was likely a base model because it still has the straight downtube. It was probably equipped just as it is, likely didn't even come with a chainguard from the factory.

Last edited:
Back