When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Shark?

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I was contacted through my site about this bike owned by a CABEr. I'm posting pics for him hoping someone can tell us what this is. It is a middleweight (26 x 1.75) tires. The chainring looks like what was used on middle to late '50s CWC products but the bike looks early to mid '60s to me. Thoughts? V/r Shawn

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

So I was contacted through my site about this bike owned by a CABEr. I'm posting pics for him hoping someone can tell us what this is. It is a middleweight (26 x 1.75) tires. The chainring looks like what was used on middle to late '50s CWC products but the bike looks early to mid '60s to me. Thoughts? V/r Shawn

View attachment 997131

View attachment 997132

View attachment 997133

View attachment 997134

View attachment 997135

View attachment 997136
I was fortunate enough to acquire this bike on my recent trip to st. George Utah. I have never seen another one like it. It was a once in a life time shot, so i pulled the trigger on this one before it got away. I do believe it could be a prototype, but i could be wrong. Their are several things that are some what off with this bike, such as the rear fender braces look hand made and are different than the front brace. The handle bars look to be one off with some ripples in the bends. The lower rear fender bracket is machine screwed to the frame. Their are no serial or frame numbers any where on the bike. It has a Murray style chain guard and a Troxel seat. The Bendix coaster brake arm appears to be from the late 50's-early 60's with the stylized bendix logo. The bike once had what appears to be a late 50's roadmaster head badge that was missing when i acquired this bike. Any information or details about this rare bike would be much appreciated. Thanks. Razin.

It is 60's bike. For the missing parts you can make a wanted ad here in the classifieds section or look through eBay. So far I found two different models of the Amf "amflite" The cobra, and silver streak. Ads below are from 1964 and 1965.
IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0424.jpg

This is what the head badge looks like. Cheers
IMG_0425.JPG

Last edited:
It is 60's bike. For the missing parts you can make a wanted ad here in the classifieds section or look through eBay. So far I found two different models of the Amf "amflite" The cobra, and silver streak. Ads below are from 1964 and 1965.
View attachment 999483

View attachment 999484
View attachment 999525
This is an awesome find. do you by chance have any of these parts? If not, thank you very much for the ads and info. Enjoy the ride. Razin.

View attachment 999483

View attachment 999484
View attachment 999525
I found the model number for the cobra, r-5677. You wouldn't by chance know the model number for the silver streak or the shark by chance? My shark bike has no numbers any where on the frame so maybe it's an early production or prototype. Thanks again for the information you provided. Razin.

I found the model number for the cobra, r-5677. You wouldn't by chance know the model number for the silver streak or the shark by chance? My shark bike has no numbers any where on the frame so maybe it's an early production or prototype. Thanks again for the information you provided. Razin.
I don't have any more info on this model, hopefully someone more knowledgeable on Amf bikes can chime in in the future so we can all learn. Cheers..

SCORE !!!! Love The Chrome Frame ! Prototype would be awesome! To my untrained eye...................looks like you have a "Winner" !!! :p:p:p
Thanks. I did really SCORE on this rare and unusual bike. I just need to find a rear rack, put on some white walls and restore the chain guard to o.e.m. standards. I really enjoy working on this bike because i'm always finding more cool stuff about this bike. I'll get her done soon. Razin.

Back