When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Sky King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@Oilit what did you end up actually doin' with that oL'gal in the end bud?

Hopefully if she came apart.... she donated to a cool bike or bikes

@Oilit what did you end up actually doin' with that oL'gal in the end bud?

Hopefully if she came apart.... she donated to a cool bike or bikes
I've still got it. I've thought about putting the chain guard on my Shelby, but the mounting is different, so I would have to make an adapter. Not too hard to do, but the Bendix 2 speed (on the Shelby) needs some attention first, so right now it's on the back burner. The sprung fork on this Sky Queen has no bracket for the headlight, which matches the one that was for sale in Chicago, but the catalog shows one on the 1960 version, so that must have been a change AMF made for 1961. I should have asked about the serials on both Chicago bikes, but oh well.
Part of the fascination is that a lot of the history is not well documented, and answering even simple questions can require lots of digging. I bought a 1956 Flying Falcon from @bikemonkey 5 or 6 years ago now, and it took a lot of reading before I was even sure of the year. Thanks to the work of Phil Marshall and some help from @ratina I eventually figured it out, but if you have any tendency towards OCD, the CABE is like the La Brea Tar Pits, and I'm still here!

Just for the record, here's a really nice Sky Queen that was for sale on FBM in Tennessee. They were asking $350.00, and I don't know what the selling price was, but the bike was only up a couple of weeks.

SQ - 2.jpg

SQ - 4.jpg

finally found the right fork for it. has serial on rear drop out. starts with a K.

View attachment 1825165

View attachment 1825166
Congratulations on finding the right fork! I've picked up some more AMF catalogs since posting earlier, and 1959 and 1960 were the only years for the Sky King. And the 1960 Sky King (and Sky Queen) were the last AMF bikes to offer the sprung fork, so you have one of the last.

Last edited:
Out of the clear blue of the western sky comes... SKY KING! Oops, the TV show, not the bike. Have to say that a Cessna does have certain advantages over a horse -- or a bike.

sky king.jpeg

and then out of the blue….. i finally the the queen! still with the correct light. only took ten years!

View attachment 1839303
Finding one of those with the original headlight still on it is probably like catching a leprechaun. And from the Sky Queen in Chicago and the piece of one I got from @Superman1984, it looks like some of the (later?) bikes dropped the fork mounted light for a fender light. The fork on mine has no mount for a light and it doesn't look like there ever was one.

Back