When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Supreme

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
!

I think he has good stuff but I don't pay retail much less three times retail. I was looking at that milsco seat he has listed and there is no side view of the top of the seat like he is trying to hide that the padding doesn't look right. I have noticed that on his stuff quite frequently that he only shows picks of what he wants you to see. I believe that pogo seat is one of those that the tops don't look right. Just saying.

Want to add I don't know the guy just my experiences with his listings.

Also , this is a public forum where people should be able to speak out! This is the antique bicycles Angie's list ! Sometimes constructive criticism is a good tool

Last edited by a moderator:
???????

what the hell does this have to do with this tread ????
if you don't like the pics ask for more pic or the price don't buy it
but if you do buy it and you don't like it he will refund your money !!

I think he has good stuff but I don't pay retail much less three times retail. I was looking at that milsco seat he has listed and there is no side view of the top of the seat like he is trying to hide that the padding doesn't look right. I have noticed that on his stuff quite frequently that he only shows picks of what he wants you to see. I believe that pogo seat is one of those that the tops don't look right. Just saying.

Want to add I don't know the guy just my experiences with his listings.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS BIKE IS ORIGINAL. I AM SAYING YOU CAN BUILD AN ORIGINAL CORRECT BIKE BECAUSE ALL THE PARTS HERE ARE ORIGINAL. NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE BIKES THEY ARE WAY TOO RARE TO BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING LIKE THEY KNOW IT ALL! This bike was originally built as a 1938 most likely. It can be a 1937 or 1938.

how many bikes out there pre war are still just the way they were shipped from the factory

my dad told me about 60 year ago keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut and you will learn more
so for now i will see if he was right !!!
He changed his description after this thread appeared Jim. It did not say that at first.

It has everything to do with this thread

Has everything to do with this thread Jim! This thread might of started out to be about a 15k roadmaster but its not anymore ! Its about the people sharing there views and experiences good and bad on certain issues In the World of antique bicycles.

Dan

I think Dan is a stand up guy - he's always been one of the most straight forward and best sellers on ebay. He has alot of useful stuff. He ships outside the US without any questions, and I have never had an issue with anything I ever bought from him and I have certainly never felt like he was lying about something he sold me - I think his auction for this bike is pretty clear in terms of what his claims are - he's not claiming anything about the bike he shouldn't be.

The age old argument behind all of this is one of 'to part out versus not to part out' and many people might not like the fact he parts out. Personally I don't even have a position in that argument - some bikes I hate to see broken down and others I don't care, it's personal really but which came first, the chicken of the egg - what I mean is: there will always be bikes that need parts and there will always be parts for those bikes and they will often come from people who make a living dealing parts. I don't think that is something that we can not accept, it just is and always will be. Lets just try to step up to the ones we want kept in one piece, when we have the chance.

But going back to the original public hanging, I didn't get the impression he was creating something that isn't by lying. Because it's ebay a person has to be a little careful because there are plenty of a**h*les out there and it's obviously a good idea sometimes to just say you are not sure of anything in terms of the bike and let people deduce it for themselves and welcome any questions about details of the bike. If you wrote to Dan and asked if he thought it was a complete untouched orig bike he's not going to say yes is he. Chances are he probably doesn't know for sure and would rather let experts decide for themselves. Everybody has different information so in the end we can only talk in probabilities, not certainties.

If I had a bike like that to sell and I knew alot of different things about it, some things which might be opposing, some which are more sure - I'd probably still put it up on ebay and start with a sort of disclaimer, ie: I'm not sure of anything and I'm not saying anything about said bike but here's what I think, it can be built as a .......etc, if you have any questions please ask.

Let the experts decide I guess. I doubt the person who buys it will not have a certain amount of knowledge of his own on that particular model.

When I buy something I read what the seller says but I also make my own assessments and decide for myself based on pictures and perhaps a couple specific questions.

....and he does offer a return/refund - I don't see what the problem is here. We are talking about somebody with a huge ebay presence and a hell of alot of good feedback from thousands of happy customers.

Maybe the best thing to do is to just list pictures and not say anything. As I understood it he says which models he thinks could be asserted with that bike as a starting point and about that he's not wrong.

Also

....also that bike is stunning for what it is, no matter which way you put it assuming you like the model.

Does anybody have an idea for a sensible offer for this bike?

!

I think Jim's 4 gill brought around $1500 on eBay, plus the stem $800 , plus the tank setup lets just say 3k on the high side an extra $1000 for various parts and rarity.

$6300 my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
not to ruffle any feathers, but i wish we could get away from the name calling and character slams. i dont know bicycle bones, never dealt with him. i know of him. i admire you guys who defend him as i would or wouldnt if i knew him. no one knows every thing about these old bikes, so many years so many different models. i understand the thread he knew about this paticular bike and didnt disclose it. i get it but can we lay off the dirt bags and ass holes. i get the business aspect, but i wouldnt brag about parting out 10,000 bikes to our group..... with respect kccomet

Some folks are really going to be confused by this thread (or already are) because after Phil posted Dan went back and revised his ad. So if you look at the ad now its more accurate although he could go ahead and tell the whole story of how the bike was pieced together from '37 and '38 parts to present full disclosure. The original ad was misleading at best given he knows the history of the bike. V/r Shawn

Some folks are really going to be confused by this thread (or already are) because after Phil posted Dan went back and revised his ad. So if you look at the ad now its more accurate although he could go ahead and tell the whole story of how the bike was pieced together from '37 and '38 parts to present full disclosure. The original ad was misleading at best given he knows the history of the bike. V/r Shawn
Exactly Shawn.

Back