When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster Supreme

-
So collage or no collage - does anybody think this bikes is worth in the 11-12k range? Out of interest. I also could fit my CWC knowledge on one side of a zigzag or rizla and I wouldn't mind expanding that knowledge to at least a king size rolling paper - or even an entire roll of Rips.

I guess I found the 76 watcher of this listing ;) Way too expensive! I find it hard to believe it would sell for more than an Elgin Twin Bar 60. That to me is an awesome bike.

Attachments

• Zspictures137.jpg
    Zspictures137.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 97
So collage or no collage - does anybody think this bikes is worth in the 11-12k range? Out of interest. I also could fit my CWC knowledge on one side of a zigzag or rizla and I wouldn't mind expanding that knowledge to at least a king size rolling paper - or even an entire roll of Rips.

The way I value this bike is as a '38 Four Gill frame and a '37 RMS tank. I'm not seeing $11-12k. You could build a replica '37 RMS if you repainted/restored it but the serial # would be a give. I think if you are going to drop north of $10k wait for a real one. Yea I know this could take while but I think you would be hard pressed to get your money back out of this one at that price. Of course jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

!

These are out there ! I personally have seen more 37's tthat 38 4 gills. People say there is a handful but would be confident saying There is 50 or so out there .

The way I value this bike is as a '38 Four Gill frame and a '37 RMS tank. I'm not seeing $11-12k. You could build a replica '37 RMS if you repainted/restored it but the serial # would be a give. I think if you are going to drop north of $10k wait for a real one. Yea I know this could take while but I think you would be hard pressed to get your money back out of this one at that price. Of course jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Interesting. Being far from and expert I just see an awesome bike - I'd be hard pressed to cut the value in half because it's not how it left the factory but comes from a couple of different models to make this one but then I have many bikes which aren't exactly as how they left the factory so my standards are 'low' or 'less pure' I suppose. I'm usually more concerned that tha parts be real regardless of which bike they came off. The factory original one of these is a dream - I bet you could wait for another to come along but there's almost no chance of it not being either restored or in far worse shape - which brings value back to this one in a sense. I've seen a handful or restored ones - at which point who knows where the parts came from - this one definitely has an aura worth considering.

However you make a useful point about needing to protect such a huge investment - gotta be able to re sell at cost +shipping.

No

There is no way in hell you would ever get your money back off this bike. I believe even a really nice original one would bring 13-14k. If you bought it for 12k your basically buying the stem and tank for 10k. They are both awesome parts but there market value is more around 4k together . Like I said before Jim's complete 38 brought around 1500 and your not even getting the 4 gill tank so really the frame and other 38 parts are more in the lines of 1k. I added a grand for rarity into that estimate but your still way off. No matter which way you look at it it just doesn't add up.

"You'll never get your money back" I recalled hearing that from the naysayers when I bought my first house for $22,000. "Your'e living beyond your means" I was told again, when I bought my next house for a $161,000. This was around the same time you could buy a Bluebird for $1,500 or Areocycle for around a $1,000. The good ol'days ( prices ) will never return and someday you young'uns will be saying " I remember when I had an opportunity to buy a Roadmaster Supreme for $15,000 :):):)

Last edited:
Do you have any pics of the $1500.- ebay Supreme ??

There is no way in hell you would ever get your money back off this bike. I believe even a really nice original one would bring 13-14k. If you bought it for 12k your basically buying the stem and tank for 10k. They are both awesome parts but there market value is more around 4k together . Like I said before Jim's complete 38 brought around 1500 and your not even getting the 4 gill tank so really the frame and other 38 parts are more in the lines of 1k. I added a grand for rarity into that estimate but your still way off. No matter which way you look at it it just doesn't add up.

I missed that one on Jim's 1938 RMS ..... just curious on the bike itself .. thanks ..

Back