When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picked this up today at a local show , needs a few thinks to get it back on road but great patina as is .

IMG_4426.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

IMG_4429.JPG

What exactly is great patina? Not trying to be a smart alec , but I keep hearing how people love original paint, original paint doesn't come with scratches, chips or rust, to me if it's got scratches, chips, or rust it's modified buy neglect or abuse, I just don't understand the added value of wore-out damaged paint ,with a boat load of rust , from neglect, that someone put linseed oil on, over a nice restoration paint job. Rust isn't valued on cars or motorcycles , fine paintings are routinely restored when they get in bad shape , even The Sistine Chapel. I understand not refinishing a firearm and how dark spots of oiled rust is better than refinish , but even there if its pitted it's nearly without worth ( unless there's providence that it belonged to someone famous & revered , giving it significant historic value,(almost never standard issue),a civil war muzzle loader found rusted in the woods is really just a wallhanger piece of junk. We arn't talking rare artifacts, we are talking children's bikes, to me PATINA is just a trumped Italian word for damage, the more not being better but worse.

Last edited:
I like to call them "Tells A Story" OG paint! OG bikes are where it's at, both the super loved and used, and the ones that appear to never have seen daylight!

Back