Rocket Jet Bicycle

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Andy Dee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 13, 2018
New York
Any info on this brand will be greatly appreciated.

Oilit

I live for the CABE
Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
I haven't heard of this before so I expect it's a store brand for some retail chain. Post pictures of the bike and somebody here can probably tell you who made it.

Andy Dee

Sep 13, 2018
New York
Any info on this brand will be greatly appreciated.
Correction, Thunder Jet Bicycle by Chain Bicycle Co.
I haven't heard of this before so I expect it's a store brand for some retail chain. Post pictures of the bike and somebody here can probably tell you who made it.
I'm sorry, the correct name is Thunder Jet bicycle, made by The Chain Bicycle Co. There's a picture in my post on Birds of a Feather.
IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Oilit

I live for the CABE
Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
The Chain Bicycle Co. built bikes for lots of people but their own brand was Ross. Most of their bikes were typical department store bikes but they made some pretty nice mountain bikes in the early 1980's. But then they tried to move production overseas and went out of business. I've heard someone bought the name but no bikes are being built. Here's a thread discussing a bicycle similar to yours: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-your-help-what-is-it.15566/#post-77489

frankandpam

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 21, 2016
Tacoma Wa
Cool headbadge. With that name, gotta be mid-late 50's atomic age.

Andy Dee

Sep 13, 2018
New York
The Chain Bicycle Co. built bikes for lots of people but their own brand was Ross. Most of their bikes were typical department store bikes but they made some pretty nice mountain bikes in the early 1980's. But then they tried to move production overseas and went out of business. I've heard someone bought the name but no bikes are being built. Here's a thread discussing a bicycle similar to yours: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-your-help-what-is-it.15566/#post-77489
Thanks for the info

Andy Dee

Sep 13, 2018
New York
Nice bike, if your interested in a boys 24" bike let me know. Ingenious display!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Adamtinkerer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 8, 2008
Western North carolina
I'd say both of those are '56 - '60. At some point, CBC started serials with R, followed by the two digit year.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!