When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast motobike found.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarkid

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello fellow cabers. I found this bike at a local monthly motorcycle swap and want to know more info on it. I do see that there are some parts on it that might be incorrect. Please help.
Serial # X27012
ydyzarus-1.jpg
qy6e2upe-1.jpg
nebyrubu-1.jpg
vemapy3a-1.jpg
dury4uda-1.jpg
e3aru4ur-1.jpg
7u4yzyra-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Wow, that's nice. Not an expert, but I'm guessing DP Harris built. With all those goodies on it, $1500 minimum and I wish I had the money.

maybe

pedals goose and chainguard replace
nice find!

Man, that's a beautiful bike. I'd guess '32-34ish. It likely didn't originally come with a guard, so that's an easy fix. Stem seems right to me, it's Rollfast equipment but I don't know when it first appeared. Pedals may be a few years later, as well as the seat, but I'm not confident about either. Minor criticisms, if any, on this one for sure. Enjoy!

TO me

I think that stem is very late 30s think the bike is !33-35
tires look like wheelmen special- but the bike probably came in balloon and high pressure with clad rims.
pedals to me are replacement but anything is possible I guess.

Looks to be an HP Snyder built bike. I have no idea what era Comet 6 pedals would be from. At first glance, I assumed they were your everyday Meteor 3s. At any rate, I'd say pull the guard for now and call it good until it can be confirmed if any other parts are amiss. I agree that the stem is more often associated with later prewar ballooners, but I don't know how early it was introduced. Even then, minor.

Great bike! I would say 33-34 for a year and the only things I see that are not correct for sure are the chainguard and solid tires. I would leave the rest of the bike alone parts wise. Here is a example of your bike circa 1930 with the earlier style tank.
dp007.jpg

1934 Rollfast

That's a nice bike. I'm not an expert, but all appears to be correct except for the added chainguard.
Below are some pictures of the 1934 Rollfast built bike I recently bought.
Mine is a Rollfast bike badged as a Royal Flyer.
If your rims are the same steel clad wood rims, then they too are correct, and they
would have had singletube tires on them
I bought this bike three months ago for the very fair price of $200.00
Good luck with your new bike.............................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_5274.JPG
    IMG_5274.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5275.JPG
    IMG_5275.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5273.JPG
    IMG_5273.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5277.JPG
    IMG_5277.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5278.JPG
    IMG_5278.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5281.JPG
    IMG_5281.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 173
Nice!

That's a nice bike. I'm not an expert, but all appears to be correct except for the added chainguard.
Below are some pictures of the 1934 Rollfast built bike I recently bought.
Mine is a Rollfast bike badged as a Royal Flyer.
If your rims are the same steel clad wood rims, then they too are correct, and they
would have had singletube tires on them
I bought this bike three months ago for the very fair price of $200.00
Good luck with your new bike.............................Wayne

WoW! Awesome buy at $200. Are you going to clean it up and get it rideable? I plan to do that but I don't want to drop crazy money on a rim set. The tires on it are reproduction solid rubber tires that ride like crap. The good part is that the rims are true. I need to figure out what's cheaper. To go with a whole new modern tire and rim set or try n find a tire that will fit the clad rims. Dilemmas dilemmas.

Back