When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast restore pictures and questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

[email protected]

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I think this is a 1937?? It is a skip tooth and serial number ends with a 37??

I am sure some folks will cringe with the liberties I took on this bike restore. The seat is original metal but has a gel pad on it, the handle bars, gooseneck are repro and the grips are function over form. It now has Kendra Street whitewall tires on it. The rims are painted silver and clear coated. The sprocket and other cleaned up chrome is clear coated. The head light was missing guts and lense so I put a 9 LED flashlight in the torpedo case and made a plunger to activate the switch (horn is original and works great!). The water slide decals are photo shopped and I changed the colors to suit my tastes etc....

I figure girls bikes are not as collectible plus my wife LOVES it and that is more important!!

Any hoot I am proud of it!:)

Attachments

• smallrollfastrestore4.jpg
    smallrollfastrestore4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 116
  • smallrollfastrestore2.jpg
    smallrollfastrestore2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 81
Your bike looks great! If you and your wife are happy with it that's all that counts.
Welcome to the CABE,
John

decals

Here is a larger better picture of the decal details. I took digital shots of the rusty bike with a measuring tape to get scale then totally faked the taping and painting - it took hours to tape up all the stuff!

The good news is the bike was all straight and was complete. It was TOTALLY disassembled down to the bearings and derusted, lubed, greased or painted and then re-assembled. The chain still has some rollers that are stuck but I think a little use will get them loose. I will keep an eye on it so I don't wreck the sprockets.

BTW paid $80 plus $60 shipping.

Attachments

• smallrollfastrestore3.jpg
    smallrollfastrestore3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
"Your bike looks great! If you and your wife are happy with it that's all that counts.
Welcome to the CABE!" -Couldn't have said it better myself! ~Adam

Thanks John and Adam. I have been lurking here since I got the bike in early July. I am thankful for you all for being here for info and the encouragement we tinkerer'ers all need when doing such projects. My first love is old guitars and tube amps, old cars 2nd and NOW BIKES! I will need a barn for all these gems!

Back