When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast skiptooth springer fork ladies bike!

-

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello fellow Caber's I've been off the site for a while but you can't keep a good bike collector down so I'm finally getting back to bikes and my latest find is this great Rollfast! I like the bike especially the fork and the rear reflector. I bought it from a guy who was going to part it out so instead of just buying parts i made a deal on the whole thing. I plan to make it rideable and enjoy it for a bit but I need some information on: year, if it's original and if the guy was right or wrong that it's only good for its parts.

2021-04-18 18.36.50.jpg

20210418_175507.jpg

2021-04-18 18.39.40.jpg

2021-04-18 18.40.09.jpg

2021-04-18 18.40.30.jpg

2021-04-18 18.41.12.jpg

2021-04-18 18.41.36.jpg

I can't be any help with the year. I'm with you however clean it, ride it and enjoy it. I'm not sure what you paid but to put it together piece by piece would cost an arm and a leg. The problem is it is a ladies bike and they just don't get the money boys bikes do. Most of the parts would work on boys version and that is why he would have parted it out but it takes some time.

I can't be any help with the year. I'm with you however clean it, ride it and enjoy it. I'm not sure what you paid but to put it together piece by piece would cost an arm and a leg. The problem is it is a ladies bike and they just don't get the money boys bikes do. Most of the parts would work on boys version and that is why he would have parted it out but it takes some time.
I know the parts are valuable but I don't usually like to part bikes out. I would definitely build something with the parts if the bike isn't worth keeping whole because I just don't have the room.

I have seen early 1950’s Rollfast bicycles with that head badge; the date should be reflected in the stamping on the bottom bracket crank hanger. For example, 35SN would indicate 1953.

There may be a subtle difference between parting out a girls bike for fair profit, and parting out a bike for one’s personal build projects; but the physical act of parting out bicycles does not inherently involve the exchange of money.

Back