When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast spring fork question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

trackfodder

I just joined so I could ask a question. I built a Rollfast motorbike with a 1968 Clinton 3hp in it 15 years ago. I thought the springer a bit harsh so put a Schwinn fork on it and there wasn't an improvement. It has been setting for about 10 years and I decided to resurrect it since we can ride motorbikes without licenses now. I put the Rollfast fork back on it but can't remember how the fender mounts. Reason tells me the struts attach to the front fork strut and the fender top with a right angle bracket to the acorn nut at the top of the front strut. Am I right? The fender braces must have been changed to fit the Schwinn fork as they are too long. However I have room to re-drill them shorter. I want to put the Schwinn springer on a Schwinn cruiser that has a flat blade fork and a 70cc Chinese 2-stroke on it. One of my other ones is a Monarch with a 5-1/2hp Jiang Dong industrial motor and a Sturmey-Archer 3-speed tranny for a jackshaft. It still has a governor as, after 14 motorbikes, it finally dawned on me that it was cruise control. It runs 41 uphill, 42 flat and 43 downhill at 3100 rpm. There is quite a bit left. I don't know if this outfit will post replies in my email, so if you can help, hit me at [email protected]. Cheers Keith (trackfodder) Williams

Having trouble visualizing your fork. There's probably a picture of one at Nostalgic.net for reference.

Please post a picture of your motorbike. Sounds cool.

here is a photo to look at. the fender mount to the fork not the springer. and the braces mount to the fork blade and the stability plates for the wheel.

I screwed up

Thanx for the pix. I discovered I did a stupid thing. I disassembled the fork and stripped to bare metal, primed, and painted. When I re-assembled it, I put it together backward as a leading link rather than trailing link. I finally managed to fit the fender and only when I backed off to relax and admire my work did I discover I had a chopper front end. DUH.:eek: Keith Williams
(I may try it out when nobody's lookin')

The fork pix

That fork looks like it has a vertical compression spring. Mine has a torsion spring horizontal. I think it may be a 50's model. KW

Back