When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Sam. Nice job cleaning her up. On the down tube and lower top tube, it appears there are the traditional Rollfast darts in white emanating away from the white head tube. Is that accurate? If so, I’ve never seen one of the later model, certainly cantilever, bikes with that paint scheme. Call out to all gurus: is that paint scheme with their darts on a later model bike unusual? I estimated they ceased the darts earlier. This is what I love about this site. Thanks in advance!
Yes they are the white darts and I attempted to bring them out some with the 0000 and WD40. I didn’t go too hard afraid to rub them out but maybe be I can work a little more at it. Thanks for the info I am sealing as much history as I can. I will be changing tires in a bit and will try to identify a serial as well.

Hi Sam. So are those white darts on the down tube and lower top tube? Maybe you could take a better picture of those two and post them. Thanks.

Here are my darts, it’s a 1948 24” SamSco badged Rollfast.

73AB6DDB-7162-4562-980A-2AAFE8B3D9C3.jpeg

Thanks Oilit. Is it unusual for a ’60s era Rollfast having their traditional darts in their paint scheme?

Hi Sam. So are those white darts on the down tube and lower top tube? Maybe you could take a better picture of those two and post them. Thanks.
I don’t know if you can tell by these photos but it is looking like the farts on yours with that little Diamond shape. My badge is different you can see in the original post. I appreciate the information. I’d like to find out if this was assembled in Little Falls, NY!!!

4D9A5BEF-AE40-46EA-B556-501BAA172305.jpeg

B82CB630-73CD-4890-94D3-B42647EB013F.jpeg

9E519C9E-DD16-472E-8039-6C649992BC31.jpeg

925EE642-9267-4AB3-BD00-D3C260A67B47.jpeg

Yes, those looks like Rollfast darts. My headbadge is SamSco, which was a high end toy distributor in NYC.

Thanks Oilit. Is it unusual for a ’60s era Rollfast having their traditional darts in their paint scheme?
I don't know. Schwinn still used their two tone paint scheme on the Spitfire and Wasp up until 1961, but after that all their frames were one color. So I'm guessing if Rollfast still had it in the '60's, it had to be early '60's.

A couple of updated pictures. Swapped out that yellow seat for one off a Schwinn and changed tires. I’ve got a wire front basket on the way!!!

QUESTION: Does the rust/patina for this particular bike provide a vintage look to it? Or does it simply look like a 50 year old bike off a scrap pile???

83DD8724-5B88-431D-A5AA-99ECE550376A.jpeg

DBAB5F03-5A3F-499C-8DB0-1E66C8305ED1.jpeg

9EB110BB-3937-435A-B215-FD9A92C331F5.jpeg

Last edited:
I like your bike. You did a great job on the wheels, in the pictures they look brand new. That patina look is an acquired taste, it is a nice bike and I think it’s a keeper. You said it rides nice and at the end of the day that is what is most important. Keeper!

Back