When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Jumping in a bit late but what book are you talking about? I have a Rollfast with forward facing drop outs and would love to date it. I think it's 50's but I hope it's a bit earlier.

I put the elgin on hold given the bent fork. It was bent in multiple angles from shipping and I was able to unbend with my hands from side to side, but front to back needs a bit of thinking... so anyway, I am on to my rollfast.
I need to check the rollfast book to look for a date
what was not divulged is that there are two old old welds on the crank housing from the seat tube and the curvy one whatever you call it. You can kinda see tht the dirt is like lumpy in the pic, but i thought it was dirt. So the welds are lumpy, but they are painted an old timey shade of red and when i removed the dirt i cant even tell. well.. tell that much.
I took a stab at a cleanup and it is coming out quite nice. I have to get pix together. I told the guy to keep the basket.
The stem and bars are an absolute flakey mess, but the rest seems ok.
I need probably 8 more hours of cleaning, soaking etc at least. Will try to get more pix of current state
left_zpsi7an52pu-1.jpg
I'm working on getting one soon, being as I have my second one coming Wednesday...I have a lot of kites in the air.

Back