When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Relics Alameda,Ca Ride

-
If the lunch stop at La Penca Azul (and yes I ate it all) isn't reason enough to come on the ride, the views should be. We even stop at the USS Hornet that provides beautiful views of the bay and San Francisco. Bring out your favorite bike and let's ride. One week from today.

Screenshot_20220818-183759_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220818-183916_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-095210_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-095042_Photos.jpg

Having lived a block from this shopping center for over 30 years (🙄) I wanted to post a public service announcement regarding the meetup location for any first timers. The southwest area of the parking lot near Petco has an Off The Grid food truck event every Saturday starting at 11 so there will be lots of options for a quick bite as well as all the standard chain eateries located near by at that end of the mall, from Five Guys to Jamba Juice to Mod and Chipotle. There is also Trader Joes and Safeway.

With all that going on the parking lot can be chaotic on Saturdays so if you plan to park for the day you might want to try the north end where there are always spaces free. I guess Office Depot and Kohls don't have the draw of a Five Guys shake...

We live on Laurel Street which only has one block, just across the lagoon from the mall. If someone has a bike repair emergency and needs a quiet spot out away from the parking lot to make a quick repair I'm at 870 Laurel St. Our block is having the annual block sale Saturday so we'll have all the garage sale crowds that morning and maybe there'll be some heavy useless object you can't live without for sale in someones yard.

I you want my cell # just send me a pm. I always put my stuff out with my neighbors and he has volunteered to cover for me so I can make some of the ride. We make more that way as he loves to wrangle the deal while I tend to just give stuff away because I don't want to put it back in the basement (the less that goes back the more happy the wife). ;)

See you Saturday.

Gary

Back