When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Relics S.F. ride July 30th

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

I will never understand the hatred of cyclists by vintage bike people. cyclists are not bothered by people riding slow on 50 pound bikes, why should you be bothered by them?

it baffles the mind.

Well, unfortunately every year we have had very rude comments made and problems from road bike guys. One year one of them came flying at us from opposite direction on the bridge and clipped one of the girls on the ride, knocking her over and continued on. We chased said cyclist down and he continued to pedal faster when he saw us gaining on him. Another time we had a guy blowing a whistle while speeding across the bridge. If they want to do speed trials, they should use the bridge at night when less cyclists and tourists are around. Why pick the busiest place ever to ride as fast as possible like you're in the Tour De France? So until they show us respect, I don't hold much for them either.

I will never understand the hatred of cyclists by vintage bike people. cyclists are not bothered by people riding slow on 50 pound bikes, why should you be bothered by them?

it baffles the mind.
Easy to retort! After multiple trips across the Golden Gate on the rides I‘ve been on. The spandex heathen don’t even try to obey the speed limit on the bridge. They’re hostile as they pass you. Screaming at you as they approach. On the ride before last they hit a child that was on our ride. So no, I have no love, and have actual disdain for my spandex wearing bicycle brethren. The bridge is super windy and full of tourists. Slow down! Everywhere else nfg.

Well the Sunday Spandex types are the main reason SF split the walking & riding sides of the bridge, unsuspecting tourist were getting mowed down because the had no idea what " ON YOUR LEFT " meant and why it was being screamed at them till Grandma got mowed! "Auf der linken Seite!!"

Take it from someone who knows about those carbon fiber spandex poopheads..They are scared of vintage steel.I once had an experience, a bunch of us were riding on a closed stretch of a parkway with walkers, joggers, kids,skateboards vintage bicycles and of course the spandex asswipes who think its really cool to think they are going for a world land speed record.
So I pulled over to wait for a few Skidkings to catch up.Clearly there was 15 feet at least of road .So when I saw the Skidkings caught up I started to start up.Well 2 carbon fiber spandex turds apparently saw me ,swerved, lost control hit the curb flew through the air like 2 birds in the wind.Again they had a least 15 feet from me..I rode over to see if the were ok and all they could say was "Why did you pull out if front of us"?..I have 2 notches on my fender of my 37 Ba67..

The artist that created Cupid's Span, (the bow and arrow behind my Airflow) Claes Oldenburg has passed away at the age of 93 yesterday. It is a great spot for photos.

Some of the rarest bikes you have ever seen show up for this ride, so bring your eye candy for all to see and drool over. We are a week and a half away. It feels like forever.

Screenshot_20220719-181327_Photos.jpg

Back