Rolling Relics San Francisco ride July 28th 2018

This ad disappears when logged in

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 1, 2010
Modesto,Ca.
It's that time of year again.... for my 8th annual San Francisco ride. July 28th we meet up at the Hi Dive bar directly under the Bay bridge on the Embarcadero next to Red's Java house. Meet up at 10am and pedal off by 11am. Eat breakfast before you come out because our first stop is fisherman's wharf for lunch which is 15 mins away. Afterwards we visit the Palace of Fine arts and travel to the Golden Gate Bridge and cruise our vintage bikes across. This is the best Rolling Relics ride of the year with riders all the way from southern California's world renown Cyclone Coaster group as well as the Northwests one and only Skid Kings club. So get ready for the time of your life with tons of photo ops in store. See you Saturday July 28th at 10am.

P.S. July is Shelby month in Shelby Ohio so we celebrate here on the west coast as well so if you own one, bring it out and celebrate the best bike ever manufactured. Shelby!

cyclingday

Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
My bad.
I was looking for pictures from last year, and found that one.
Looking forward to the San Francisco ride.
Hopefully the weather will be clear.
Although, after the heat wave we just had, a little San Francisco fog would feel pretty good.

cyclingday

Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
If I'm not mistaken, this is the park/parking area where we started the ride on Sunday last year.
We will meet here again, on the Sunday after the Rolling Relics, San Francisco ride at 10:00am with kick stands up around 10:40ish.
We will wait for stragglers if notified in time.
The Bicycle History Museum in Fairfax will be our destination.
It's a small site but extremely rich in interest and history, so support your local cycling museum, and please join us for a fun day of riding amongst the scenic beauty that is Marin County.
More to come, I'm sure, so please check back here for any updates that may arise.
image.jpeg

Autocycleplane

I live for the CABE
Jan 6, 2010
NorCal, United States
If I'm not mistaken, this is the park/parking area where we started the ride on Sunday last year.
We will meet here again, on the Sunday after the Rolling Relics, San Francisco ride at 10:00am with kick stands up around 10:40ish.
We will wait for stragglers if notified in time.
The Bicycle History Museum in Fairfax will be our destination.
It's a small site but extremely rich in interest and history, so support your local cycling museum, and please join us for a fun day of riding amongst the scenic beauty that is Marin County.
More to come, I'm sure, so please check back here for any updates that may arise. View attachment 837109

Yup, that’s the spot. No time limit for free parking on Sundays. The huge gazebo is tough to miss.

DBEB1F1E-3424-4D42-9F5F-84DB045FD2E5.jpeg

Last edited:

tripple3

Riding Miles; Collecting Smiles
Sep 25, 2012
Beach Cities, CA 92708
I’ll be there on my Shelby.
I don’t mind the fog but the blasting wind. C’mon I’m pushin 70 pounds here.
I will be there with @Cory and @mrg on my Elgin
Make sure you install a chain on that Beauty Chris; WOW!
I have weighed my Electric with a scale and its only 53 lbs.
I doubt that Shelby is over 60.
Maybe we could mount it to the roof-rack on the Prius?
IMG_7049.JPG

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 7, 2016
Santa Cruz
I will be there with @Cory and @mrg on my Elgin
Make sure you install a chain on that Beauty Chris; WOW!
I have weighed my Electric with a scale and its only 53 lbs.
I doubt that Shelby is over 60.
Maybe we could mount it to the roof-rack on the Prius?
View attachment 842627
Thanks for reminding me about a chain. I was gonna Fred Flintstone it through SF.... Looool I’ve had a NOS Diamond in a bag for ever. Popped it on yesterday and took red for its inaugural ride in about 80 years. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I wonder if my scale goes that high to weigh it. :eek: and your Elgin is awesomeness!!!

gkeep

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 11, 2014
Alameda, CA
It's 9am and I'm looking out my office window at San Bruno Mountain, it's somewhere there in the fog. Plenty of fog this morning but it has been clearing by afternoon. Wind will probably be up as it is every afternoon on the bridge. The nice thing about that 52 degree temp on the Golden Gate bridge is your IT's IT doesn't melt too fast so you have time to savor it, right Mark? ;)

I've been looking forward to this ever since last years ride. Morning ferry over to the city, cool bikes, fun people, great scenery, ultimate staycation!

Gary

slick

Apr 1, 2010
Modesto,Ca.
I did the ride last weekend for fun. It started off windy and cold but cleared up and the wind died around lunch time. Sunny and gorgeous for the rest of the day. Dont worry about the wind, I'm leading and will cut through it all on my AIRFLOW. So do what the others do and draft off me like Nascar. Lol
See you all Saturday... and Sunday for the Marin ride.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture