When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Rock Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just saw this promotional Tim Horton's Schwinn. Another Promo bike to toss into the conversation

I thought it might be pertinent to the thread, not meant to hijack!

:cool:

The more I research the more I am beginning to think these Rolling Rock bikes were not contest prizes but high end items offered for sale either "in house" or to the general public like Budweiser , Camel , and others do on their brands ( individual bars or beer distributors of coarse could have run contest on their own )

If direct sales or money were not used then its probably a similar marketing strategy to something done by the grocery stores in the 50s and 60s using the old Green Stamps methodology, where when buying their product you would get stamps w/ each purchase and when you filled enough books with stamps you could redeem the books for various items listed in a catalog of some type they gave you,

I just saw this promotional Tim Horton's Schwinn. Another Promo bike to toss into the conversation

View attachment 1417649

View attachment 1417650

I thought it might be pertinent to the thread, not meant to hijack!

:cool:

And interesting bit of info on this bike is that it is Canadian, bilingual, and has both English & French written on both sides of the bike!

The more I research the more I am beginning to think these Rolling Rock bikes were not contest prizes but high end items offered for sale either "in house" or to the general public like Budweiser , Camel , and others do on their brands ( individual bars or beer distributors of coarse could have run contest on their own )

If direct sales or money were not used then its probably a similar marketing strategy to something done by the grocery stores in the 50s and 60s using the old Green Stamps methodology, where when buying their product you would get stamps w/ each purchase and when you filled enough books with stamps you could redeem the books for various items listed in a catalog of some type they gave you,

They could have been just used as a store display. Here is a Labatt's Blue Fat Bike used in a store display at a grocery store.

And another interesting tidbit of info is that this is Canadian Beer 30 packs being sold for $19.99 in a USA store, and the same "Canadian Beer" sells for $56 up in Canada..........!

Back