When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross bicycles: what say you?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wingslover

Look Ma, No Hands!
Full disclosure: I grew up in the Midwest and in a Schwinn family. Ive never owned, ridden or even briefly looked at a Ross bike.

So, as a strictly casual lightweight vintage bike, what say you? Worth restoring? Cheap? Paperweight? Spill it already. :)

This is truly a question from complete and utter ignorance: I don't have a steed in mind. It's a bald-faced plea for information: I just know nothing about other American bicycles, Ross first and foremost.

Ross had great bikes in the 80's also their MTBs and Signature line was all top quality made, I own a Ross track frame which is one of very few examples out there. I also could be wrong but didnt Ross also have the first MTB team in the 1980's. Here are a few pics of my Ross track frame.
44261132901_512dfe4fb5_z.jpg

29325467437_7b64a6b098_z.jpg

tall head angle for crisp handling, and with seat tube angle combine for the shortest possible wheelbase length.

I have a Ross girls 16"er from the early 80's. Its now on its 3rd generation of children and still holding up well. Heres a pic after a good overhaul

a_002.jpg

Last edited:
Back