When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross bicycles: what say you?

-

Wingslover

Look Ma, No Hands!
Full disclosure: I grew up in the Midwest and in a Schwinn family. Ive never owned, ridden or even briefly looked at a Ross bike.

So, as a strictly casual lightweight vintage bike, what say you? Worth restoring? Cheap? Paperweight? Spill it already. :)

This is truly a question from complete and utter ignorance: I don't have a steed in mind. It's a bald-faced plea for information: I just know nothing about other American bicycles, Ross first and foremost.

Ross had great bikes in the 80's also their MTBs and Signature line was all top quality made, I own a Ross track frame which is one of very few examples out there. I also could be wrong but didnt Ross also have the first MTB team in the 1980's. Here are a few pics of my Ross track frame.
44261132901_512dfe4fb5_z.jpg

29325467437_7b64a6b098_z.jpg

tall head angle for crisp handling, and with seat tube angle combine for the shortest possible wheelbase length.

I have a Ross girls 16"er from the early 80's. Its now on its 3rd generation of children and still holding up well. Heres a pic after a good overhaul

a_002.jpg

Last edited:
Back