When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross bicycles: what say you?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have one of the later model Ross bikes, (A Grand Tour II). If I had to rate it, its frame seems about equivellent to my schwinn varsity, and the other same era schwinns I have had. (Traveller / Continental / Suburban / Etc.). The model I have is definately a step below the lighter Letour and other model Schwinn bikes higher up in the chain. I do not have experiance with any of the other nicer Ross models.

Back when I was younger a friend had one, and I remember at the time I thought it was much nicer than my varsity. Your question probably depends on the model.

Almost any bike is worth getting going if you can do it inexpesively, It sure beats walking. Usually a trip to your local city flea market will get you whatever parts you need for well under 30$, and usually less if its one of the inexpensive models. With the bikes I buy my most needed items are tires / tubes / brake pads / and cables.

What model do you have, or are possibly looking at?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. There's truly no model in mind: it's just always been in the back of my head re: American bikes that aren't Schwinn. Just haven't had a whole lot of exposure and always wondered.

Oddly enough, over the past few weeks ive found a couple online that look pretty sweet: newer models, but the components looks pretty solid and the frames better than I remembered (or at least what my preconceived notions were).

So, a guy walked in my shop with a Ross/Jeep Signature mtb, Kooka and SRAM parts. Says "Made Especially for ROSS/Jeep Team Members". It's in "well loved" condition. Anyone have any ideas? Photos to follow...

Back