When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Polo Bike, I think

-

parkrndl

Finally riding a big boys bike
A friend's dad is cleaning out the garage to sell his house. The friend showed me pics of a bunch of bikes and asked if they were worth anything. I asked them to put this one aside for me.

Fork crown, frame design, head tube/headbadge holes, sprocket, and serial all suggest Ross built.

That sticker on the seat tube says Golden Isles Hot Rod, which gets no Google hits, so I have no idea.

After picking at the tape on seat a little, it says RALLY with a pair of crossed flags. A Google search for "rally banana seat" gets me pics that suggest that was a Sears accessory.

I have some Ross bits and pieces in the boneyard that will help me start getting this together. Also hoping that maybe @jungleterry or someone else knowledgeable will see this and check in, maybe give me an idea what the headbadge and guard and seat/sissy might have looked like...

Last edited:
A friend's dad is cleaning out the garage to sell his house. The friend showed me pics of a bunch of bikes and asked if they were worth anything. I asked them to put this one aside for me.
View attachment 1115096

View attachment 1115099

View attachment 1115100

View attachment 1115101

View attachment 1115102
Fork crown, frame design, head tube/headbadge holes, sprocket, and serial all suggest Ross built.

That sticker on the seat tube says Golden Isles Hot Rod, which gets no Google hits, so I have no idea.
View attachment 1115106

After picking at the tape on seat a little, it says RALLY with a pair of crossed flags. A Google search for "rally banana seat" gets me pics that suggest that was a Sears accessory.
View attachment 1115103
View attachment 1115107

I have some Ross bits and pieces in the boneyard that will help me start getting this together. Also hoping that maybe @jungleterry or someone else knowledgeable will see this and check in, maybe give me an idea what the headbadge and guard and seat/sissy might have looked like...
Hi, it's definitely a Ross Polo Bike... I have one and I'll try to upload the pics now.

Reactions: JLF
Back