When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Snapper BMX bike

-

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ross Snapper BMX. Just looking for some more information on this bike, from what I can find they were late 70's early 80's bikes.

20180327_175342.jpg

20180327_175356.jpg

You're right regarding age. They are mild steel frame/fork. Pretty heavy. Were not racing bikes back in the day, but more heavy duty neighborhood bikes than Huffy Thunder Roads and Sears badged Murray bmx bikes.

They're not super desirable by bmx collectors, but some people (probably people who had them as kids) do collect them. Yours seems to be in pretty complete original condition right down to the axle end caps.

I'm looking on my phone, so I can't really see, but those look like Ashtabula cranks & stem. Also, if the pedals are KKT, that's a plus. Araya hoops. Probably an ACS or Shimano front hub, Shimano rear?

All in all, it's a solid (and heavy) bike that was decent for banging around the neighborhood.

The hoops look like Araya 7C drilled for .105 spokes. If so, and the hubs are Shimano, that's a pretty cool set of wheels.

Some Ross’ bmx used the SR stem that looks like an Ashtabula and is aluminum. The hoops are probably not Araya.

Back