When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royal Enfield Firefly

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks everyone for the info! It’s been great reading about it and learning about it.
The front wheel is an Araya wheel and the rear is a Dunlop. The rear hub says Resilion on it. As for the crank arms they’re stamped with a capital letter N with the number 2 above it. Pedals are Lyotard. I found an older aluminum pump in my parts bin and put on it. I have some older velo orange hammered fenders I’m also going to install.
And check out this bonus I found in the seat bag

61BC897C-F333-49A4-BF9E-2BD2367D0DA5.jpeg

The model name 'Firefly' seems to have been in use for at least 20 plus years in the Royal Enfield range.
Here are some images from catalogues ranging from 1940 - 1958. (Images from the V-CC library:(

Can't find any later images, but of course the bicycle in question may have been fitted with later upgrades regarding the drive train, brakes and wheels; as was often the case with a quality frameset.

-
Thanks everyone for the info! It’s been great reading about it and learning about it.
The front wheel is an Araya wheel and the rear is a Dunlop. The rear hub says Resilion on it. As for the crank arms they’re stamped with a capital letter N with the number 2 above it. Pedals are Lyotard. I found an older aluminum pump in my parts bin and put on it. I have some older velo orange hammered fenders I’m also going to install.
And check out this bonus I found in the seat bag

View attachment 1310707

-----

thanks very much for the update - great to read things moving right along

---

documents associated with component identifications in post #5 -

---

manufacture appears quite close to end of operation for company which was 1/67

-----

Back