When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Royce Union muscle bike info needed.

-

Bill172

On Training Wheels
Can anyone tell me what this is worth. Not sure the year but I believe it is a 66-68. It is a Royce Union. It is in excellent condition and rides beautifully.
IMAG0308.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg
IMAG0316.jpg
IMAG0318.jpg

Welcome, nice clean bike. As far as worth ? To me worth probably about $300 tops. I say this because I feel it is a way off brand. Very nice bike, will clean up to be even nicer. The off brands just don't seem to bring the money, as nice as some of them are. I would just clean it up some and ride it. Great color. My opinion.

Last edited:
Welcome, nice clean bike. As far as worth ? To me worth probably about $300 tops. I say this because I feel it is a way off brand. Very nice bike, will clean up to be even nicer. The off brands just don't seem to bring the money. I would just clean it up some and ride it. Great color. My opinion.

Nice bike, i think 300 is a fair top estimate. It’s a desirable color, very clean bike and has a 3 speed with a stick shift. As far as determining the year, if those are original tires there will be a date code on them depending on the manufacturer. I’m not sure who manufactured the bike so unsure if the serial number can give us any info. Schwinns have a date stamp on the crank but I don’t know if this bike would or not. You could also check the rear hub for a date stamp. It’s probably a shimano 333 hub judging by the shifter and I’m not sure if those have date stamps or not.

Can anyone tell me what this is worth. Not sure the year but I believe it is a 66-68. It is a Royce Union. It is in excellent condition and rides beautifully.
Yeah, prob worth more to you than others. It sure does look good for its age, might be early 70 too. They were not very much back then either, Of the cheapest brand bike.

And, could be wrong yet, your crank arms appear to show one of he worst features these japan bikes had. The pin holding the pedal arms were crap soft metal. They would become loose easy; nut and or bolts strip, bolt end break off too. , resulting in mal-alignment of arms. It would continue to get worse until, wouldn't hold. I smacked a few around, back in the day, and remember em. trashed em too, I mean, you could not even sell or salvage parts from these things. .

In your photo, they appear to be misaligned. I wouldn't be riding it unless they're correct. Maybe replace the crap soft pins with harder.

Last edited:
Yeah, prob worth more to you than others. It sure does look good for its age, might be early 70 too. They were not very much back then either, Of the cheapest brand bike.

And, could be wrong yet, your crank arms appear to show one of he worst features these japan bikes had. The pin holding the pedal arms were crap soft metal. They would become loose easy; nut and or bolts strip, bolt end break off too. , resulting in mal-alignment of arms. It would continue to get worse until, wouldn't hold. I smacked a few around, back in the day, and remember em. trashed em too, I mean, you could not even sell or salvage parts from these things. .

In your photo, they appear to be misaligned. I wouldn't be riding it unless they're correct. Maybe replace the crap soft pins with harder.
Thanks for you input. Pretty sure I have a buyer for $500. Not to shabby.

Yeah. BTW found an ad that appears to have this bike too. 1970 however based on the style of seat, curved vs flat, I spect yours would be a bit earlier.

Apparently, Royce Union called them 'Hi-Risers', 'stick-shift hi-riser'

May 28, 1970 A Publisher Extra Newspaper
Daily News from , · 326
Publication: Daily News i Location: Issue Date: Thursday, May 28, 1970 Page: 326

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/464507336/
0_0_3639_4843.jpg

Last edited:
Back