When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RUDGE De Luxe...just picked it up.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So here I have a late 60's, I'm guessing (haven't had time to look at the rear hub date yet) Rudge girls De Luxe bike. Missing is the original saddle and pedals, and also the key for the locking fork, but all else seems to be as it came. I was shocked to see the air pump still there!
I have no idea as to whether the dynohub works, but I'm hoping. I bought the bike because it wad a De Luxe model, and I have the correct saddle, pedals and other things to bring her back to life.

This will be an ongoing tear down and take some time. A couple of days before this past Thanksgiving I fell off a ladder putting up my Christmas lights and broke my nose and wrist. (Almost landed on my fence post and narrowly missed snapping my spine).
IMG_2236.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG
IMG_2247.JPG
IMG_2248.JPG
I now have Titanium rods and screws in my wrist, and I'm going to physical therapy. Really blows when it affects not only wrist movement but all of your fingers. I was told a total of six months to get all my bending and grabbing back to almost normal.

fred

I've already tried to remove a bit of the rust on the handlebars and light that looked like a lost cause. Nope. It's coming right off! Have to give it to the "Ye Olde English Chrome". Just like the chrome on the old Schwinn bikes. Things really were made better back then because companies took pride in their product, not just bang it out to make a quick buck.

I've already tried to remove a bit of the rust on the handlebars and light that looked like a lost cause. Nope. It's coming right off! Have to give it to the "Ye Olde English Chrome". Just like the chrome on the old Schwinn bikes. Things really were made better back then because companies took pride in their product, not just bang it out to make a quick buck.
Yes - you caught the rust just in time. It looks like this one should sparkle when you are done - it's a very nice Rudge!

Yes - you caught the rust just in time. It looks like this one should sparkle when you are done - it's a very nice Rudge!

I have a Raleigh DL-1 where I was ready to toss the wheels and handlebar when i bought it. ALL the rust came off and it shines like new.

Neat chainring and build details!

I read all the better parts went to Rudge, especially when it was a Deluxe model. I just hope I can get the Dynohub to work when the time comes because I have no idea if it does or doesn't.

I now have Titanium rods and screws in my wrist, and I'm going to physical therapy. Really blows when it affects not only wrist movement but all of your fingers. I was told a total of six months to get all my bending and grabbing back to almost normal.

fred

Same thing here from a fall I took on the ice 1.5 years ago. Five hours in surgery, 12 screws and a titanium plate, nine months in a series of casts, and PT, I feel fortunate for having 98% mobility in my fingers and wrist. I wish you ALL THE BEST and a speedy recovery! Work it. It hurts now but you'll thank yourself later.

Same thing here from a fall I took on the ice 1.5 years ago. Five hours in surgery, 12 screws and a titanium plate, nine months in a series of casts, and PT, I feel fortunate for having 98% mobility in my fingers and wrist. I wish you ALL THE BEST and a speedy recovery! Work it. It hurts now but you'll thank yourself later.

Sorry you also had to go through this. X-Ray of my wrist looks like Home Depot had a sale on plates and screws! PT twice a week, and hopefully in 6 months almost it will almost be back to normal or 98% like yours.
And yes, it's painful. "No Pain, No Gain...Of Movement". I just keep thinking how much worse it could have turned out. It took 65 years for my first broken bone...and it better be my last!

Glad you're doing well so you can keep buying bikes!!!!;)

fred

Back