When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rudge Sports Bicycle

-

mwaskin

Look Ma, No Hands!
We are cleaning out a barn of my late father in law and there are 2 bikes. The first is a Rudge Sports and I am unsure about the second.
Any idea on the value?

12.jpg

12a.jpg

The ladies' Rudge is from after WWII and looks to be a 1950s-60s era bike. The rear three speed hub usually will have a date code denoting the month and year in which the hub was made. Assuming the rear wheel is original, this usually is close in time to the manufacture date for the whole bicycle. I guess it has a light or horn added to the handlebars, though the original pump is missing. It has stickers added and needs a cleaning and rebuild probably.

The second one is a 1950s Schwinn. Looks like a piece together 24 inch Spitfire. I’d guess worth 50 bucks to the right person.

The ladies' Rudge is from after WWII and looks to be a 1950s-60s era bike. The rear three speed hub usually will have a date code denoting the month and year in which the hub was made. Assuming the rear wheel is original, this usually is close in time to the manufacture date for the whole bicycle. I guess it has a light or horn added to the handlebars, though the original pump is missing. It has stickers added and needs a cleaning and rebuild probably.
Thanks so much for the information!

Back