When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rudge whitworth - help needed to date the frame.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

v3rona

On Training Wheels
Hello,
I am new here and I have absolutely no clue about the bikes, but my partner has this old frame of " rudge whitworth" and code on it is " A T93718" but I am not sure if it's T there for sure.
So, if any of you lovely people could help me it be great. I searched internet with no luck.
I added pic of this code.
Thank you very much for any help

B.
bike.png

First of all, let me welcome you to the Cabe. I wish I could be more help, but wanted to let you know that I am sure someone on the site will be able to help you. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge here from members that live and breathe bicycles. If you could post multiple, detailed photos, I know that will help in identification. Kevin.

Is that a single speed? It would be a great help to have photos of the front, rear, and drive side of the bike.

I don't think that's a "T", looks more like another "1" to me.
As @dweenk said some more photos would be a great help.
As @bulldog1935 also said, a Sturmey Archer 3-speed is also a very helpful item for dating purposes.
A headbadge shot will also help initially re. being pre, or post, Raleigh's takeover.
Love to see more of the machine.
Welcome to the Cabe!

Back