When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rudge Whitworth...Not What I Expected...BUT!

-
Tare down continues, but I just had to see if the paint would be coming back. It will, and here's a comparison. 🙂 Good old Raleigh black!!

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg

OK, I got the fork off of the other Rudge. And as I had hoped when buying the ladies, they're both the same size. How LUCKY can you get!! Check out the comparison of the two in regards to the bent fork. 😕

Angle makes one look larger than the other, but they're both the same size, even though the opening for the wheel is different. 😎

IMG_2453.jpeg

IMG_2454.jpeg

The standard sized women's fork and the tall frame men's fork should be close enough to interchange. The newer fork will have the 1960s style dropouts while the 1950s fork will have the old-style plug drop outs. Save the old one in case you want to try to straighten it one day.

@SirMike1983 I like the old style plug drop out better. The wheel actually does "drop out"...the 60's style has to be wrestled out! 😕

I'm keeping the old one, like you said, just in case...

Anyone know what this bolt is for in the frame? @SirMike1983 ? I can't remember if I've seen one, but for some reason I'm thinking I've seen it on Tourist's I used to have.

IMG_2461.jpeg

Back