When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules for Deal Or No Deal Auctions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Payment Terms
-
Shipping
-
Zipcode
na
I've had a few DOND auctions go sideways. ( 1) was getting close to a deal when I get a higher bid in a PM and I ignored it and sold to the high bidder on the auction. Then a PM comes in asking why I didn't except the higher bid in the PM and I said if it was posted in the auction I would have. I lost a few $ for following the rules. I respect the bidders that play by the rules. I put in my DOND listings that all DOND rules apply. Alot of bidders still try PM bidding. ( 2 ) I currently have a part here that sold on the DOND all boxed and ready to ship, it was sold 3 months ago, still waiting for payment. When someone wants to list on the DOND maybe John Candy should pop up ( sorry I can't let you do that) with the DOND rules and a button that is required that you except and have read the rules. Zip code is required, why not.

Last edited:
So how do you fix it? There are no suggestions that might fix the problems that occur so perhaps simply call it what it is. The Fishing Expedition thread with no rules. Dog eat dog. Rules be damned. How very civilized, I am out.

Perhaps one could use the Quote feature, and post the offer from the private conversation into the DoND thread, with a "no deal" response and clarification that the previous high bid still stands. (That would be an alternative to ignoring the offer, and having expectations that are not communicated).

If payment is not made, then perhaps the status of the DoND auction could be changed by removing the "payment pending" marker, and posting an explanation that the auction has either resumed or restarted.

Last edited:
Seems some sellers have forgotten this rule:
TWENTY-FOUR HOURS
A potential buyer is only bound to their offer for 24 hours. If a seller accepts the offer after that period, completing the purchase is the discretion of the buyer.
Sellers are required to respond to the most recent bid within 24 hours.

So after all this angst, it looks like that Miami/Westfield/Hudson? frameset came home to roost after all.

“ The squeaky wheel gets oiled first.”
———————————————————
CA0754B1-E2F9-4A08-87AD-34289D4D3162.jpeg

———————————————————
“Proof that persistence pays.”

Last edited:
Well....I was pretty bummed, so changed my mind completely and moved on. Then two very well respected collectors/traders reached out and changed it again, helping to track it down, twist some arms and secure it. If it stayed on the DOND forum, but most likely I would have paid much less had it run its' course. At the end of the day, everyone won and my wallet was lighter. I think I made a good call with this old frameset having original paint and parts with low low miles. The "maker" is still under scrutiny. My 1st out-on-a-limb guess is Miami, then 2nd Consolidated, (less) possible, then Davis has also crept into the conversation. I have been digging through The Cabe threads to prove myself wrong, but these teens bikes are difficult to determine manufacturer. Regardless, it is a magnificent in-hand arch~bar example. Probably not going down this path again though...

Last edited:
Back