When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules for Deal Or No Deal Auctions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Payment Terms
-
Shipping
-
Zipcode
na
New Rule?......No reply from the seller after 24 hours even though the seller is on site checking other threads = no deal!?
I do not like waiting in lines and I do not like waiting days to see if I am the high bidder......let's make a deal!
This rule already exists but it is 3 hours instead of 24 hours. After 3 hours it is assumed no deal and the buyer can walk. 3 hours is a little problematic with time differences and late night offers.

I personally think the 3 hour rule is fine. There could be a slight amendment stating that any offers made after a certain evening evening cut off point extend the 3 hour rule until 9AM the following morning?
I have witnessed one item in which the seller was on the East Coast, a California bidder put in an offer after 10 EST; the same bidder then made two more posts asking why isn't the seller responding. It seemed the bidder was likely "on the turps" and lacked the brain power to consider many of us go to sleep and are hours ahead of their beloved state.
What Mike @IngoMike is addressing is very different. When a bidder makes an offer and it is just ignored (as Mike said, the seller was on the forum several times but never stated deal or no deal), in my opinion that is completely rude on the behalf of the seller. Maybe that seller understood after the 3 hours the bid times out so they chose not to respond. Out of respect to the bidder I think it good decorum to always respond. The exception to this would be for bidders who are making stupid-ass bids just to provoke the seller or the Keystone State bidder who repeatedly (on different items) keeps placing bids lower than already submitted bids.

Last edited:
@Dave Stromberger
What can we do about a buyer when the buyer makes an offer, deal is accepted, terms are all very clear (shipping cost, method of payment, ect) and then buyer backs out of it's offer the next day.

There should be a way to rate buyers on these deals. Way too many non paying buyers!

Last edited:
@Dave Stromberger
What can we do about a buyer when the buyer makes an offer, deal is accepted, terms are all very clear (shipping cost, method of payment, ect) and then buyer backs out of it's offer the next day.

There should be a way to rate buyers on these deals. Way too many non paying buyers!
Sending you a private message.

Hummmm.......3 hours is too short and 24 hours too long. A seller lists an item in the morning and takes off for work-not having access to a computer till they get home that evening. A buyer throws a hopeful bid on an item and heads off to work-no access to a computer till they get home. In most cases a 12 hour 'window' would fit just right. And all this can be up to the seller's discretion. We can have tight rules/tightly enforced or loose rules/loosely enforced......discretion here....tight rules/loosely enforced!

Given four or more time zones I don't think you'll find an ideal timeframe and it seems the three hours is working ok. A little common sense is required for instance if your on the west coast and make an offer at 10 pm for an item on the east coast (1 am EST) then expecting an answer in 3 hrs is probably not realistic. V/r Shawn

Back