When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules for Deal Or No Deal Auctions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Payment Terms
-
Shipping
-
Zipcode
na
The rules should require the person doing the listing to be the rightful owner of the item, or an employee/manager of the business if a business is listing something.

In fact, one of the recent scam formats is that someone will contact you about an item for sale, or list an item, then tell you to contact their "friend" at another number or email, which in turn is where they try to take your money and run. Often Zelle, wire transfer, or other electronic means are used for transferring the money in those schemes.

The rules should require the person doing the listing to be the rightful owner of the item, or an employee/manager of the business if a business is listing something.

In fact, one of the recent scam formats is that someone will contact you about an item for sale, or list an item, then tell you to contact their "friend" at another number or email, which in turn is where they try to take your money and run. Often Zelle, wire transfer, or other electronic means are used for transferring the money in those schemes.

Yes, I agree 100%, that is the way it should be!

I was sent a PM from the high bidder in this deal, he had backed out the deal because of a prior deal that went bad with the same seller.......!

Last edited:
A good honest reputation when buying or selling goes a long way. But when buying or selling to the unknown web-ster you have to be careful. If there was a way to rank the buyer, seller thru a Cabe credit rating. The Moderators would have to figure that out. It would make deals alot easier on the mind. We already have enough to worry about.

A good honest reputation when buying or selling goes a long way. But when buying or selling to the unknown web-ster you have to be careful. If there was a way to rank the buyer, seller thru a Cabe credit rating. The Moderators would have to figure that out. It would make deals alot easier on the mind. We already have enough to worry about.

YEP, I really didn't like that he told me to contact someone else named Mike via phone to work out the deal. I always like to document the transaction via PM or email. I prefer to buy using Ebay because of the buyer protection. I don't mind paying a bit more using the Ebay format, but the buyer protection is well worth it, and I have had to use it one more than on occasion when the bike arrived damaged because of POOR PACKING by the seller, or certain things were not disclosed in the original listing by the seller!

Last edited:
I made a post about this in the thread for the sale of the bike, and it was deleted shortly after it was posted????

So the moderators have not replied to this thread either approving, or condoning the actions of the sellers????

So what are we to think?

Last edited:
Seems like overall, for the item price plus shipping, as well as packing method, was not agreed to by both parties; i.e., a “no deal”.

I think the issue being raised is that a member here was advertising a sale, initially said "no deal" and was going to sell to someone else, but then that fell through and the member changed it to "deal" as to the second-in-line offer. But it turned out the member selling the item wasn't the actual owner of it, and he pointed the would-be buyer off to a friend who was the actual seller, said friend then trying to alter the terms. I can see a buyer being mad because suddenly he's dealing with a different person who has apparently different terms. I think the remedy is that if you're going to sell an item here, you should be the owner of the item.

CROSS POSTING
Items made available on theCABE's Deal Or No Deal classified forum cannot be made available anywhere else. This includes any fixed pricing, or other auction style sites. This is to eliminate any possible confusion from arising.

I understand this rule. I also understand someone saying a seller could use DOND and a fishing expedition. My question is: If there are no offers accepted in a reasonable time and the item is withdrawn, is there a problem with then going to another auction site?

Back