When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules For New Collectors

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Surprised no mentioned the gold standard of justification of a guy buying something he knows his wife would not be down with:
"It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission".
BTW, I tried this one: "Our broker suggested a varied portfolio of soon to be investment grade two wheeled non-motorized travel conveyances"
I thought this had success written all over it, but, once again, I was wrong...:oops:

[Wife]"Is that a new bike?" [ Husband] "what?" [Wife] "Is that a new bike?" [husband] "what, this one?

[Wife] "Yes , that one." [Husband] " No, honey , this one's been in the back there. Hey, How's your mom?.

See, it's easy. #1 LIE #2 Change the subject

That only works until your in-laws pass on.

Keep it real!

I thought I was hard to get along with but with all the divorced and single guy's and gal here maybe not so much. One wife 30 plus years. I was born a collector it seems and had the common sense to know when I did get married to keep our money separate and lay the ground rules out on everything so we both knew what to expect. I do my man duties without complaint and urging and the wife does the same. I won't lie about my purchases or anything else for that matter but I found it best to not openly discuss the cost of things or more problematic getting ripped off. Non collectors will never understand the love of objects that collectors have and especially how much they are willing to pay for them. At best they will come to appreciate as the collection grows that there is monetary value there and the general awe inspired by its unusual characteristics provided it's displayed in a professional and organized way. As an observer of failed marriages of which my family has more than its share, there was an obvious lack of "keeping it real" on both sides. In fact the marriages were based on deceptions right from the start.

interesting!

Object sexuality
or objectophilia is a form of sexuality focused on particular inanimate objects. Those individuals with this expressed preference may feel strong feelings of attraction, love, and commitment to certain items or structures of their fixation. For some, sexual or even close emotional relationships with humans are incomprehensible. Some object-sexual individuals also often believe in animism, and sense reciprocation based on the belief that objects have souls, intelligence, and feelings, and are able to communicate.

interesting!

Object sexuality
or objectophilia is a form of sexuality focused on particular inanimate objects. Those individuals with this expressed preference may feel strong feelings of attraction, love, and commitment to certain items or structures of their fixation. For some, sexual or even close emotional relationships with humans are incomprehensible. Some object-sexual individuals also often believe in animism, and sense reciprocation based on the belief that objects have souls, intelligence, and feelings, and are able to communicate.

interesting!

Object sexuality

"i'm your FRIEND...."
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/210600/Love-Bug-The-Movie-Clip-I-m-Your-Friend.html

"So there I was on a mountaintop. With swamies, and monks, it was beautiful, Jim."

Trick is to have crap all over and mix it up, then when new goodies arrive, they blend in better.

...also... "I'm holding it for a friend"..... :eek:
Ha, yeah, I tried that one back in High School...only it wasn't a bike I was stretching the truth about - and it was the cops asking and not my wife or Mother - the cop didn't buy it either

Back