When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rust removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tech549

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
tried the molasses rust removal,soak for 2 weeks,before and after pics
IMAG0306.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg
IMAG0308.jpg
IMAG0385.jpg
IMAG0386.jpg
IMAG0387.jpg
IMAG0388.jpg

reminds me of the term slower than molassis,on a serious note,i found a plastic container that had a large enough diamiter to put a 26 inch rim in,but a rim in,put enough evapo-rust in to cover rim,put lid on container,works excelent,t=had to search a lot of farm supply paces to find a container with the right diamiter,some expense involve in set up but well worth it,weels come out as nice as they are ever gonna b and you can do wheels till the cows come home

A friend of mine has a molasses tank in his yard. Big enough to hold a pick up truck bed. I've seen the before and after. It works great. But he will leave stuff in there for a month or more.

thats another thing i like about evapo rust way faster,and the way the parts come out will make ya happy!!!

ya dan I know I have used wood bleach but I was in no hurry and wanted to see how this worked.these rims had heavy rust and it took 90% of the rust off worked good.i am going to try it on a bike frame next to see how it is with paint.

This gets rehashed every so often on this forum. There are dozens of ways to remove rust, but usually the circumstances will shake it down to just a couple. Oxalic acid is a favorite, but it has its risks. It can pull off plating if there is corrosion underneath that plating. It can ruin decals and can ruin paint, depending on the condition and type of paint. Use with caution on painted parts: keep the solution relatively diluted and check the parts often. It can work very well, but it can cause damage in certain circumstances.

ya dan I know I have used wood bleach but I was in no hurry and wanted to see how this worked.these rims had heavy rust and it took 90% of the rust off worked good.i am going to try it on a bike frame next to see how it is with paint.
I've only used this on Chrome. I don't think this product should be used on paint unless of coarse you are looking to repaint.

Back