When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rust removal

-
I've only used this on Chrome. I don't think this product should be used on paint unless of coarse you are looking to repaint.
I have used it on paint and chrome. I friend soaked his entire bike in it and it looks great. (one part at a time) There photos are with NO scrubbing, just soaking.

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

Wood bleach is great - its much faster than molasses. You just have to be careful with the concentration included in your soaking solution, and make sure to check it often so it doesn't eat your finish / paint.

My first ox bath is about 5 hours in right now :D I love it! Mixed a little over 1.5 tablespoons per gallon. OK chrome it didnt hurt yet. The very thin '49 red paint did get a touch more pinkish overall and where it was real poor in one spot is now bare metal. Under the tank and such where the paint was still decent looks great. It made extra crusty fender brackets look amazingly nice, well painted parts look superb, and heavily crusted-use to be chrome parts it took to bare metal. Im going to let it cook for the night and see what I got in the AM. Thanks for the great tip Cabers! Never heard of such a thing until I came here. I hope I still got bike parts when I wake up. lol.

Back